Author Topic: understanding on winplace remembered variable  (Read 771 times)

Tags:
  • All members
understanding on winplace remembered variable
« on: 30 Aug 2022, 19:38 »
Hi

I've got a variable being remembered `sel_ind` in the morning against selections on a win market, and I am attempting to reference that from the place market

Ive seen something in the logs which I cant quite understand

the logs from the win market are below, that the _sel_index < 3 is valid for 2 selections, Blissful Song and Melly's Flyer

15:56:37Checking market "Horse Racing / GB / Epsom 30th Aug / 15:50 Epsom 30th Aug - 6f Hcap".
15:56:37Checking condition and Selection's Trigger Expression sel_ind_sel_index is less than 3.
15:56:37Condition is: TRUE. valid for 2 selections: Blissful Song, Mellys Flyer.
however on the place market, the winplace_ of the variable it matches against different selections
15:56:41Checking condition and Selection's Trigger Expression winplace_sel_ind_sel_index is less than 3.
15:56:41Condition is: TRUE. valid for 2 selections: Mellys Flyer, Pablo Del Pueblo.
my thinking was that the winplace_ would match against the same selections but its seems to work a little differently than I had first imagined, can you suggest anything please
my goal is to remember the selection index of a runner in the morning (based on win market), and then to be able to use that in a trigger for the win market and also for a trigger in the place market
thanks, Gary

Re: understanding on winplace remembered variable
« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2022, 09:42 »
Hi
I think this has to do with Betfair's row order. The index in MFP is the same as on Betfair. However, sometimes Betfair may re-order their row order based on rank as the market develops through the day. Another reason sel_index may be skewed is if a runner is withdrawn (though in your log example all runners ran that race).

sel_index is fixed in markets like football 1. Home 2. Away 3. Draw, but I'm not so sure in horse markets.

Depending on how you filter the two morning selections, I would suggest remembering or writing to user variables sel_id.
sel_id is a unique selection ID number in Betfair's database. This ID is the same in win and place markets.

then your conditions for later in both win and place markets:
selections trigger expression sel_id is equal to <user variable 1 from morning>
or selections trigger expression sel_id is equal to <user variable 2 from morning>

or you could use selections name
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Re: understanding on winplace remembered variable
« Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2022, 10:02 »
Hi MarkV

thats a good idea, I didn't realize that the selection ID was the same for win and place markets :)

thank you very much

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE