Author Topic: Unexplained freezing of markets/triggering/etc  (Read 4788 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Re: Unexplained freezing of markets/triggering/etc
« Reply #15 on: 04 Sep 2021, 20:36 »
Windows 8.1 version on the laptop also froze unfortunately.

Will try Windows 7 compatibility on the Windows 10 computer tomorrow.

regards

Wez

• All members
« Reply #16 on: 05 Sep 2021, 10:13 »
Im using windows 7, it is freezing all day today, ive had to turn it off, wondering if it is my internet ,but if its happening to you as well it cant be

• All members
« Reply #17 on: 05 Sep 2021, 16:35 »
Instance running on Windows 8.1 laptop in XP compatibility mode ran all day with no issues.
Instance running on Windows 10 PC in Windows 7 compatibility mode froze on the penultimate race!

In both cases, there are no errors reported in the program log.

I will try the XP setting on the Windows 10 PC when I get time (probably next week)

If anyone else who is suffering with this issue wants to try the XP mode, please lwt me know how you get on.

regards

Wez

• All members
« Reply #18 on: 06 Sep 2021, 09:38 »
Is anyone else having problems with freezing and refresh rates all over the place,its so bad i cant use it at the minute, if not i assume it must be my internet so will book an engineer, cheers

• All members
« Reply #19 on: 08 Sep 2021, 12:27 »
I,m pulling my hair out now, engineer says internet is fine, i cant use the program at all today, keep getting no response, empty response errors every ten or so seconds, is there anything i can try cause obviously no one els e is getting these errors, cheers

• All members
« Reply #20 on: 08 Sep 2021, 16:57 »
Use a VPS, most will either offer a free trial or a monthly billing cycle.  Don't pay more than £5-£10 a month for one.

• All members
« Reply #21 on: 10 Sep 2021, 18:33 »
cheers will give it ago

• All members
« Reply #22 on: 17 Jan 2022, 01:16 »
I'm running VPS in London and Sydney and all the issues described above for the last 3 days. Obv no problem with the internet in data centres. I think is that MFP terminated when there is a dropout or timeout in Betfair API, MFP should be able to handle shot dropouts within the termination of the whole program. 

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: 17 Jan 2022, 11:31 »
I'm running VPS in London and Sydney and all the issues described above for the last 3 days. Obv no problem with the internet in data centres. I think is that MFP terminated when there is a dropout or timeout in Betfair API, MFP should be able to handle shot dropouts within the termination of the whole program.
Hello,

Yes, MF must handle short Internet connection breakdown but it can't resume BetFair session token reset initiated by BetFair as it requires reentering your password.
By the way usually MF writes to log a warning if it can't.
But I suppose the reason of termination is not BetFair or internet dropout. It there any program log records?
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE