Author Topic: Unmatched bets in test mode problem  (Read 2155 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Unmatched bets in test mode problem
« on: 06 Sep 2014, 08:52 »
I'm noticing on several occasions (test mode) lay bets are being correctly placed IR and show in my unmatched bets tab but they are not being matched when the market moves past them eg lay bet placed ir [email protected] market hits a low of 1.8 for plenty of liquidity but bet remains unmatched . I have several instances of this in my trading log.

Any ideas?

thanks

Re: Unmatched bets in test mode problem
« Reply #1 on: 06 Sep 2014, 10:13 »
Hi,

Hope nobody minds me offering an answer to this. You will notice in-running that the lay prices will often lag well behind the back prices, even though the back prices are being met. In test mode, your lay bets will only be matched if the lay prices catch up and and you can actually see the amount being traded at the required price if you have the price ladder open.
The back price may bounce in very low for a second, but if it doesn't stay there then your lay bet probably won't be simulated as matched

In live betting in-running, you may well get matched without actually seeing the trade at all on the price ladder if it gets swamped with a torrent of bets and the both prices drop quickly.

Think I am right on this, and hope it helps
Larp

• Administrator
Re: Unmatched bets in test mode problem
« Reply #2 on: 06 Sep 2014, 10:36 »
In addition to what Larp said, I'd like to remind that test mode is not identical in its behaviour to the real mode, because MF Pro cannot imitate a betting exchange simply because this would require at least two users.

Test bets are only matched if the current price in the market is equal or better than the price offered. Liquidity and amounts on offer are not taken into account.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE