Author Topic: update trigger file, externally  (Read 2059 times)

Tags:
  • All members
update trigger file, externally
« on: 12 Jul 2018, 11:01 »
Hi,

This may be a question for support, but I will ask it here...

Here is my scenario...

I am using a progressive staking system, and it is a dutching strategy, and at a loss, the next target will be the loss plus the target.

So, given that My initial target is £2, and I dutch on 3 selections, the lost amount is £12, so, the next target is £12 loss + £2 + commission, and I will progressively increase until I get a winner.

In order to have MFP put in the correct target, it is the 'target amount' variable, 'TA' that needs to change. I have an external application which determines the winner. I want to add into this application, the progressive staking plan, and once the application determines the result of the race, and on a winner, it will then calculate the target, and update the trigger XML.

I don't have access to the trigger 'reload' button, through my application, and so, my question here is, if I update the XML file, with the new stake figure, will MFP recognise this, and use the new stake on the next dutch bet?

Crazy you may say - but I have something that works.

You could say that I should use a standard progressive staking plan trigger, but, I have multiple strategies in place, and so, without me discussing things here that I have done before, I will just say, in my particular case, the staking plans through MFP have not been reliable, and so, I simply need to know if by updating the trigger XML, will MFP know that a value has been updated?

Thanks

Mark.

• Administrator
Re: update trigger file, externally
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2018, 11:06 »
Hello!

Why would you need the XML file in the first place? Is it to update the Amount field of the trigger? This can be achieved with a formula.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2018, 20:42 »
Hi Oxa,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, you have not interpreted my question as I had intended. So, I will go through the issues I have.

MFP CAN NOT run strategies, as individual confined units. So, if I have one strategy running one thing, and another running another thing, every profile instance that I have running will not be able to separate its items, because MFP sees everything.

This is my only complaint about MFP.

I actually have another bot running strategies, and when MFP sees bets, delivered by the other bot, then it will act on them, as if it is part of some triggers' ruleset, even though this trigger did not place this bet.

And that is the reason I have to go to a lot of trouble to avoid this.

So, I will ask my question again, and please try and remember, I do not, at ANY time, wish to involve some formula to calculate any amounts in an MFP trigger, my application does all of this perfectly, and when the time is right - which will, indecently, be before MFP has settled the market - I have the updated stake amount calculated, and it's this value which I want to add into the XML file, or, in plain speaking, I want to manually update the trigger constant value I have set, and have MFP understand it.

Preferably, I would like to have some way to effect an update, and have the 'reload' button, seen in the active triggers section, pressed.

MFP, in a large part, does a great job, but it doesn't seem to be able to handle the complexities I need, and to be honest, complexities is probably an overstatement, because, in this instance, I want to be able to set the trigger to place a dutch bet, and if none of the selections win, then I want to update the trigger constant with the value I have calculated for the new stake. I want the trigger to be aware that I have increased/decreased the constant value, without me having to open the trigger and press reload - this takes away the 'automation'...

MFP has many methods, and abilities, so, why isn't there a 'trigger reload' command?

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jul 2018, 10:40 »
Then apparently I am unable to help in this case, sorry about this.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE