Author Topic: User Variables window empty  (Read 614 times)

Tags:
  • All members
User Variables window empty
« on: 21 Sep 2020, 21:52 »
I've been using the trial version, getting a feel for MF Pro (so this could easily be something I'm doing wrong!).

I have loaded one of the triggers out of the box, and set them running on some markets. It looks like the triggers are behaving as expected, placing bets etc. I can see in the logger that stuff is happening, and with 'Log trigger expressions' enabled I'm able to see the values of variables.

My understanding is that if I click on User Variables, the window that opens will show me all of the variables in the trigger and their current values. But when I open it, I just get a tiny window with no variables showing just one empty row.

Am running latest version 8.8.1.1 on Windows 10 latest.

Am I doing something wrong or misunderstanding?

• Administrator
Re: User Variables window empty
« Reply #1 on: 22 Sep 2020, 15:52 »
Hello and welcome to MarketFeeder Pro!

My understanding is that if I click on User Variables, the window that opens will show me all of the variables in the trigger and their current values.

Not quite so, although this could be an interesting feature. However, variables can have different scope, e.g. the same variable can have different values for different markets and even selections, so that would make it impossible to view them in View Variables, unless you addressed a specific selection.

The View Variables window acts as a notebook where you can add or delete any variables or trigger expressions you are interested in. So they do not necessarily have to be from the triggers you are currently running, although you certainly can include those.

If you want to see what a certain variable amounts to, just add it to the list.

Here is a video tutorial that might help:

https://youtu.be/q-JxOiJcZek
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Re: User Variables window empty
« Reply #2 on: 23 Sep 2020, 20:27 »
Ah yes, after watching the video that does make sense.

To be honest I seem to have missed that there was a whole page of videos linked from the Features page of the site, such a wealth of info in there

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE