Author Topic: V6 with windows 7 + i3 processor 64 bit 4gb ram and freezes up after an hour.  (Read 9086 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
  • head always buried in stats
I have just replaced and ageing pc with windows XP  dual core 2.3 Pentium, 32 bit with 2gb of ram with the above.

I am running V6 and with all the horse races refreshing at 15 seconds as per the old PC with no problem, however the new PC although fine for about half an hour, slowly grinds to a virtual standstill after an hour or so until eventually it takes around 10 minutes between refreshes.

Not sure where to look to find the problem as the same triggers and settings along with refresh rates are being used in both; but the old XP could run three such platforms whereas the new one cannot handle just one!

Any pointers appreciated guys...... ::)
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• Élite
hi
make sure that you have set your new computers VIRTUAL MEMORY to max

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
Hi Mcbee
Oh if it were that simple, having already taken the virtual memory to the max recommended settings, it makes little or no perceivable  no difference and with only a handful of races left today we are still locking up.
Any other plan?
thx Mcbee
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• All members
Which version of Windows 7 are you using ? I assume it's the Home Premium one as this is the most common one sold with laptops. My big disappointment with Windows 7 (HP) is that it refuses to run programs that worked well under Windows XP. I need to upgrade to Windows Professional or Ultimate to allow their use. The programs that no longer work are ones which ones which I used to learn foreign languages. They do not work at all, not just a few bugs.

Support will know exactly if there is a difference between the running of MFP 6 under different Windows 7. I was able to run MFP 6 under Windows 7 Starter on my mini computer which has an Atom processor but my markets were always no more than three and bets were far fewer than the number you place.

This may be an opportune moment for you to move to MFP 7 as this does seem to work properly with the new Windows 7 (HP).

Hi
Antivirus and firewall given full access?
DEP?
CPU affinity?
Installed in default installation folder?
Run as administrator?
Also try Compatibility Mode for XP
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
There is no "compatibility mode" in the Home Premium version. And, I am very annoyed by that :)

Hi
Just to clarify:
XP Mode is an XP virtual machine on Win7 Pro and Ultimate
In Home Premium try the following:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
Hi Guys
Just to confirm we are running a tower with windows 7 pro SP1
MARK V
 thanks for the check list
i have looked at these but the anti virus and firewall were switched off and that made no difference.
what is DEP?
The CPU affinity is default with all processors working
am running as admin and default folders were used for install
the compatibility mode has been run, and so far it looks as though we could be on to something here!
more later .................

what is DEP?
Hi
Search Windows Help for DEP. I don't fancy typing all that!
Just to mention, I have been running V6.5 without trouble on Win7 Ultimate 'out the box' i.e. no compatibility settings needed, so I'm not so sure this is the problem, but it's worth you checking it anyway.

• All members
Thanks, unfortunately the programs I wish to use simply refuse to be installed under Windows 7.

• Élite
hi
we have all been looking for the problem with windows 7.
i feel that the link here that we have all missed is the 64 bit
my comupter is 32 bit and most will be 32 bit.
is there somebody that can give advice that has the 64 bit computer.
betfair winner is there any way to set your cpu to run at 32 bit.
maybe in the bot properties etc

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
Are the triggers the same? Internet connection the same?
Try to switch logging off (on laptops the hard drive is a weakest part).
What's freezes exactly - the refresh rate or the program interface?
Without refreshing? Or just one market only?

mcbee, MF pro doesn't use 64 bits (yet) so it works like on 32 bits CPU. You don't need to make any settings.
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• Élite
Hi again guys, WOW talk about help!

Tim first
Trigger block and all the settings are identical, internet the same,  logging for all triggers etc is off, this is a tower not a laptop, the platform after an hour will not refresh more than once in 15 to 20 minutes
if I click on any of the functionality for instance wanting a view a different race or check the statement, after a few moments of hanging, i get the message that "market feeder is not responding do I wish to wait for the program to respond or close the program". If i wait, about 15 minutes later the bot eventually responds.
however for the first 30 minutes after booting the bot, everything is fine.

Mark V
Sadly the compatibility fix failed to work. we are still 20 minutes between refreshes.

DEP search returned adjustments for colours and display settings etc, but I believe we have a way bigger problem here than the savings that these settings could make.

Hi
Same questions from a few weeks back (sorry)
Physical Memory usage in Task Manager when refreshes are slow is?
Not sure if your internet connection is cable or adsl? Please could you check your router stats for any signs of trouble or errors?

• Élite
betfair winner,

is trigger logging turned on? MFPro 6 with big triggers and any markets, becomes more reliable if logging is on.

I will stick to Windows XP until it is incompatible with new hardware. 8) 8) 8)

Martin

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE