Author Topic: V7 - bugs or incorrect computer settings?  (Read 11791 times)

Tags:
  • All members
V7 - bugs or incorrect computer settings?
« on: 26 Jun 2012, 10:53 »
Hi everybody,
I would like to mention three problems that I have encountered:
1. Sometimes the layout of account statement is not displayed correctly. For example, the column Amount contains the name of selection ...
2. When I set Timeframe to 1 second in Connection Monitor, Average per second value is unrealistically high (around 300).
3. Link between MF and excel via custom cells does not work - nothing is inserted into the spreadsheet (in V6, I have no problems).

Have you similar experiences? Thanks for your attention.

• Élite
Re: V7 - bugs or incorrect computer settings?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2012, 11:40 »
mkas,
sorry, I cannot answer your questions, I do not use the parts of MFPro you mentioned. Please check download page for new versions (7.0.32 is availiable now) and check the thread "Problems with V7" in Troubleshooting folder to get latest news about new versions and bugfixes.
Martin

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jun 2012, 12:21 »
Hi
Just checked the statement here and it seems fine. Resized the window etc. but all columns look OK.
On the Average per second, how many markets are you monitoring at 1 second refresh?
I also just tested the Excel link and it works fine.
Please try what Martin suggested above. If you still have problems, please post screenshots of the statement and RPS problems. 
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun 2012, 13:08 »
I don't think it's realistic to use a 1sec timeframe in the connection monitor.   I know the option is available, but I can't see the point of it and probably should be removed.  Mine does the same BTW.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 26 Jun 2012, 15:51 »
I use the latest (7.0.32) version of MF.

I have attached a screenshot of the account statement  :). It seems that columns are shifted if a selection has both the number and name. Fortunately, this is minor problem and has no effect on triggered betting.

I have also attached a screenshot of connection monitor for 1 sec timeframe. I agree that this is rarely used. However, it still can cause the wrong evaluation of specific trigger variables. Only 1 market is monitored. Sometimes the error message "Floating point division by zero" also appears (this is not the case).

The link with excel still does not work but this is probably my fault. Maybe I have to modify some excel settings (?). As I said above, V6 cooperates with my excel perfectly.

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 26 Jun 2012, 16:54 »
hi
is it my eye's or have you put a   ,   in the timeframe setting, it should be a   .  (dot).
and when your refresh goes into the red the bot will slow your refreshes and maybe you will get a charge from betfiar.
you should set your limit to 15

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 26 Jun 2012, 17:28 »
Hi mcbee,
it is OK. Decimal mark differs from country to country. We use comma instead of dot.
The picture for 1,00 and f6r 1 is the same. I only changed 'mins' to 'seconds' - the number 1,00 was added automatically by MF.

« Reply #7 on: 26 Jun 2012, 18:30 »
Hi
On the statement, I wonder if this is specific to AUS/NZ markets? I have tried a number of other markets, but cannot replicate it.
I also do not get the column of 0's and 1's for losses and wins as shown on yours.

On the connection monitor, I also get 312+ average and red line if I set it to 1sec.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #8 on: 26 Jun 2012, 19:22 »
Hi
I have had a chance to test the Excel Custom Cells a little further. I can confirm there is a problem.
If I set a Custom Cell in Settings, and then load a market and launch Excel, I get an error.

I think it best to move this to Problems with Version 7 topic and will repost there.

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 27 Jun 2012, 13:49 »
Hi MarkV,
thank you for your assistance.

mkas

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 28 Jun 2012, 11:00 »
Hi everybody,
I would like to mention three problems that I have encountered:
1. Sometimes the layout of account statement is not displayed correctly. For example, the column Amount contains the name of selection ...

This is being looked into now...

2. When I set Timeframe to 1 second in Connection Monitor, Average per second value is unrealistically high (around 300).

The timeframe is too small to be representative. I agree it shouldn't show such scary figures and will check why this is happening, but to get a realistic picture, try at least 4-5 sec.

3. Link between MF and excel via custom cells does not work - nothing is inserted into the spreadsheet (in V6, I have no problems).

I need more details on this one, as it seems to be working at my side. Does the sheet with the name specified in the custom cell address exist at the moment of launching Excel? If you don't have any Excel files open when you connect MF Pro to it, the program will create a new workbook, and there is a good chance that it won't have sheets with the name specified.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

« Reply #11 on: 28 Jun 2012, 16:35 »
Hi
If I follow the custom cell example of N3 and N4 exactly as per the manual using cell_address I get the attached error.
If I already have Excel open on Sheet1 and set custom cell Sheet1!N3 I get a similar error.
N3 on each sheet reads 0, and the error keeps repeating until I close Excel.
If I specify custom cell N3 I would expect any monitored market sheet in Excel to show the contents of the custom cell at N3
but the same error occurs and all N3’s show 0.

I’m not sure if mkas has the same error, but I was testing this in response to mkas’ post.

update following mkas' next post: I have no problems exporting statement

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 28 Jun 2012, 21:07 »
I need more details on this one, as it seems to be working at my side. Does the sheet with the name specified in the custom cell address exist at the moment of launching Excel? If you don't have any Excel files open when you connect MF Pro to it, the program will create a new workbook, and there is a good chance that it won't have sheets with the name specified.

Hi Oxa,
I use the custom cell ardress with the default sheet name for my excel. I do the same actions as in V6: open MF, monitor at least one market, lunch excel (which always has the sheet with the name specified) and ... nothing appears there.
Futhermore, the function "Export Account Statement to this sheet" exports only the heading of the statement without individual items (of course, required settings are adjusted and statement items are visible by pressing statement button in MF). As I said above, the link between MF V6 and my excel works corretly even with  VBA macros. Maybe, it should be noted that I use non-english version of MS Excel 2007.

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 01 Jul 2012, 11:45 »
Just resolved! It depends on the sequence of applied actions. The problem appears when you first lunch excel and THEN monitor a market. When you first monitor a market and then lunch excel, the link between MF and excel works.

Unfortunately, I have come across another little problem. If I untick the option "Create a sheet for each market", markets are still added to excel.

Similar experiences?

Cheers,
mkas     

« Reply #14 on: 01 Jul 2012, 17:54 »
Hi
I am unable to use custom cells at all. Any attempt to use a custom cell generates an error similar to the attached which eventually crashes MFPro.
Without any custom cells, the Excel link works perfectly by any method – launch and load or load and launch.
Also, attempting to add a custom cell once markets are being updated in Excel produces the same error.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE