Author Topic: V7 red bulb for triggers  (Read 10143 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
V7 red bulb for triggers
« on: 14 Jun 2012, 08:34 »
Hi @all,

I have a problem with the red bulb in main window which stops trigger execution.

When I start MFPro V7, the red bulb is on, but all markets are refreshing. Markets have a brown trigger bulb after startup, which changes to green after I switch bulb in main windows to green. But 1 week ago, the green bulb was on after restart of V7.

Any idea how I can change settings to have a green bulb for trigger execution after restart of MFPro V7? I tried to stop MFPro7 with green bulb, but after restart bulb is red again.

Thanks
Martin

• Administrator
Re: V7 red bulb for triggers
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2012, 08:44 »
Martin,

We thought that as a measure of precaution triggers should be turned off at the start of the program.

But if the general opinion is to let them be on if they were on when exiting the program, we'll make the necessary changes.

Please let me know in this topic.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• Élite
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2012, 08:56 »
Oxa, thanks for response.

I agree this is a secure feature. It is o.k. for me if red bulb is on during startup. IMHO you can leave the red light on during startup. Now, as I know that it is red per design and can add a "turn trigger on" code to my monitoring and restart script.

The only problem for me is if trigger bulb sometimes is red and sometimes is green, my startup script is color-blind  :'(

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2012, 11:02 »
Hi
My preference would be for the previous method of saving the last setting of the bulb before exiting the program
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 14 Jun 2012, 11:20 »
hi
i am not sure what the problem is here.
if you make sure that the trigger lamp is GREEN at the top of the bot screen next to trigger.
THEN load your markets
all markets are green and ready for action.
then when you close the bot and restat the bot, it starts with all green as it should.
i think your problem is you are not loading the markets with the trigger lamp (at the top of the bot screen) set to green in the first place.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jun 2012, 11:29 »
hi
i am not sure what the problem is here.
if you make sure that the trigger lamp is GREEN at the top of the bot screen next to trigger.
THEN load your markets
all markets are green and ready for action.
then when you close the bot and restat the bot, it starts with all green as it should.
i think your problem is you are not loading the markets with the trigger lamp (at the top of the bot screen) set to green in the first place.

mcbee
Hi mcbee
If you install the latest installation file you will see it has changed. Oxa mentioned the change in her reply to Martin above. I think the question now is are we happy for the bulb to be red every time you start the program. I prefer the original.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 14 Jun 2012, 11:41 »
Hi mcbee,

last week trigger bulb was like this:

When trigger bulb was green on to of screen before close of MFPro, it was green when starting MFPro next time. When trigger bulbs for markets are green too: -> fire, no chance to check settings

with latest version:

trigger bulb on top of screen is red when starting MFPro, no matter how trigger bulb was before last close.  Now there is time to do some checks before any trigger action is done.

My problem is a starting script which kills and restarts MFPro in case of problems. Script needs to click on bulb if bulb is red, but must not click on bulb on top of screen if bulb is already green. (it would turn to red and disable all trigger actions if already green) Unfortunately script cannot check color, so I need to know how color is set and adjust starting script.

If your trigger bulb on top of main screen remembers its color after a restart, the MFPro V7.0.30 on your computer is dated June 9th or before.

Martin

• Élite
« Reply #7 on: 14 Jun 2012, 11:50 »
hi
i would like it to be green when i start the bot, fully auto on.
if i am half asleep when i start the bot, i just want to start my preset system name and go.
so it would be better to have a tick box in the settings to start bot with trigger lamp green or triggers are active at start.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Élite
« Reply #8 on: 14 Jun 2012, 11:59 »
hi MartinSteiner
could you set your scritp to read what the green and red bulb icon text.
green has triggers are active
red has triggers are inactive

mcbee

• Élite
« Reply #9 on: 14 Jun 2012, 13:14 »
could you set your scritp to read what the green and red bulb icon text.
No, I need a static window control. But as I know how MFPro deals with the trigger lamp, I can adjust startup script. Always on, always off, or preserve last state is o.k.

I prefer always green (same reason as mcbee, half asleep :) ) , but this is dangerous as you do not see at a glance which trigger is loaded. If I run multiple instances with MFPro, I must be very careful to add the markets to the right instance, i.e. never add soccer markets to horses instance.......

Name of loaded trigger or name of profile in title bar would be very useful.

• Élite
« Reply #10 on: 14 Jun 2012, 14:00 »
hi
in that case, you should be able to control the monitor markets after x mins.
so your scritp could set this to untick.
then when you are happy, the script ticks the monitor markets.

mcbee

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 14 Jun 2012, 15:33 »
The triggered betting being on or off has now been restored to what it used to be.
Thanks for your opinions.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE