Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by markoone11 on 24 May 2018
  • Hi,

After not having success with the response given from Oxa (Thanks), via SP betting, I suspect this question has been asked to death, so I cannot continue with it as I am wasting time.

So, next, I decided on doing something else, such that I use excel. Last night, I loaded up a profile that uses excel, set the cell values I wanted through the excel settings.

I then setup references to the cell, in constants, using the cell_SHEET_cellLocation format.

When I did this last night, it worked fine, but, after loading the profile again today, I am now getting nothing back, even though I changed absolutely nothing. Last night, I had success, but if you look at the image, when I changed the value in Cell B1, this was reflected in the user variable (Last night), and the trigger variable, but today, this is not working. I have set the market to be active, in case that is any query on my actions. Unfortunately, I cannot show the 'working' version, as I had no thought to contact support for something that was working.

I use Excel 2007.

Can anybody help please, because the documentation is not giving me answers.

Thanks

Mark.
  • #2 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 25 May 2018
  • Sorry, you will need to submit a trigger request for us to look into your triggers and detect what is going wrong, unless other members of the forum are willing to help of course.
  • #3 by markoone11 on 26 May 2018
  • Hi Oxa,

Thanks for the response. I am NOT asking for help on my trigger, I think I am reasonably proficient in this now.

What I am trying to achieve, is not updating my trigger, it is communicating with Excel, and the simplest thing I wish to do is just look at a value in the excel sheet, reference A1, or even B1, or C1, etc...

I ran the routine that night before, and when I set a variable in the constants section, I asked asked for cell_fibSequence_B1, it showed its value, and when I changed the value in the sheet, that new value was shown in the user variables.

Try and do the same now, and it doesnt show anything..

I have designed a trigger to reference values in the excel sheet, fibSequence, but, I am getting nothing back.

I fully accept that this is an error on my part, BUT, I have no idea how to fix it. Even setting up a new profile, and connecting to an excel sheet is not showing anything...

Thanks

Mark.
Pages:
Actions