Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Systemlays on 29 Oct 2012
  • Hi

I have recently reinstalled MFPro and i am using the latest version 7.0.0.39

However, i can't load the markets at all. I right click on 'Add Specific Market' and i get an error message "Critical failure of the market locator"

If i try clicking on 'Add Specific Market" (Left click) then i can only get as far as the country selection option - No sports become available.

I have also tried importing selections for autotrading. I select the text file i created but nothing loads.

Please advise how to fix this asap.

Thanks

Jon
  • #2 by MarkV on 29 Oct 2012
  • Hi
    Allow marketfeeder full access through your firewall and antivirus.
  • #3 by Systemlays on 29 Oct 2012
  • Hi

Thanks for the response but i don't think that is the issue.

The firewall doesn't prevent any other programs similar to this. Either way, i have added a specific exception and the issue persists.

The thing is, i can load individual markets no problem. But i can't autoload specific markets or load selections as i mentioned below.

Any other suggestions? A little frustrating that the normal features can't be used...

Thanks
    Jon
  • #4 by nigelbleddfa1 on 29 Oct 2012
  • Uninstall MFP and install it again ? Make sure you save all your triggers first. I have never had a problem with the market locator and it works brilliantly. It's far superior to other software available and is one of the selling points of MFP in my opinion.
  • #5 by Systemlays on 29 Oct 2012
  • I have uninstalled maybe 3 or 4 times now but the problem persists. I am really stumped and i know it should work just fine but clearly something weird is going on...

I have a new trigger i want to test out and this is driving me barmy...  :'(

I don't know if this makes any difference but i am using it on a VPS and it has Windows Firewall with Advanced Security. If there are any specific settings that should go in here or if anyone else is using it in a similar environment please let me know...

Thanks
    Jon
  • #6 by nigelbleddfa1 on 29 Oct 2012
  • I have done some daft things when I have used MFP. Forgive me if I seem to think that you are like me :)

The third column in the Market Locator deals with "Sports". Are you expanding these and selecting the appropriate markets , or just relying on them opening on their own ?
  • #7 by Systemlays on 29 Oct 2012
  • That's quite alright - id rather it be me making a silly mistake and we found the answer that not at all - and it is quite possible i am doing something silly!

However, in the market locator - i am getting no sports coming up. The country populates, i click on it, double click on it, hover over it but no sports come up in column 3 for me to select?!?

So i can't select markets or get them to open on their own...
  • #8 by MarkV on 29 Oct 2012
  • Hi
    The same problem has been reported several times on this forum and on each occasion it was a firewall / av issue. You seem to be logging in OK and partially receiving API data. Something is blocking full API access. There is a troubleshooter available here https://support.welldonesoft.com/troubleshooter/ which might be worth a shot. Additionally, I understand port 443 is required to be open (viz your VPS.) Hope this helps. 
  • #9 by MarkV on 29 Oct 2012
  • Hi
    ...and further ... are you by any chance connecting to betfair from a restricted country?
  • #10 by Systemlays on 29 Oct 2012
  • Ok i am really having no luck here...

I downloaded the troubleshooter program and when i try to run it it immediately crashes and i get a windows note to close the problem??
  • #11 by Systemlays on 29 Oct 2012
  • Hi Mark,

No, i am connecting from a UK IP address and i am based in Australia so no problem on either front... I also use Gruss Betting Assistant on the same server and never had any problems, and previously used Grey Horse Bot...

I am thinking it must be the firewall but i have absolutely no idea how to give it full access  :'(
  • #12 by MarkV on 29 Oct 2012
  • Hi
    http://myhosting.com/kb/Firewall_-_Opening_Ports might give some pointers, but I don't run a VPS myself, so can't really advise you further. Like you, I am pretty sure it is firewall related.
  • #13 by Systemlays on 29 Oct 2012
  • Wahoo - I think we have sorted it.

So obvious - all it required was a bloody restart after adding to the firewall!

Thanks for everybody's help, particularly you Mark. Much appreciated and hopefully no more issues now...
Pages:
Actions