Author Topic: waiting for updated bet list ?  (Read 5564 times)

Tags:
  • All members
waiting for updated bet list ?
« on: 09 Apr 2013, 21:30 »
hi all

I have placed a back bet and also have a close block trigger which activates when bm_type = 2.

Looking at my trigger logs and its says the block cannot be closed because of the reason below. Does anyone know why this would be the reason for over 10 minutes,  when I have the in play market refresh at 7 seconds and update list of bets set at every 6 seconds.

"Waiting for an updated list of bets before the block can be closed"

thanks

• All members
Re: waiting for updated bet list ?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr 2013, 18:58 »
anyone?

« Reply #2 on: 10 Apr 2013, 20:04 »
Hi
If you follow the logic of the triggers in the block, does the block come to a natural end, or is there something in the triggers that can create a loop so the block never ends e.g. a trigger which repeats?

if it is still not resolved perhaps you could post the trigger file (or block) for checking
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 11 Apr 2013, 23:05 »

hi

I cant see that the trigger is looping as it has been working previously tonight.
please could the attached file be checked for anything obvious - I haven't included the constants as they are only prices, and a number for the suspension delay. I also have a another trigger running which is a repeat lay trigger (essentially the same as this one) each work independently of each other.

22:42:35 Condition is: TRUE. valid for 1 selections: 0 - 0.
22:42:35 Checking condition and Selection's Trigger Expression bm_type is equal to 1.
22:42:35 Selection: 0 - 0, initial expr.: bm_type, intermediate: 1, final: 1.
22:42:35 Checking condition and Selection's Number of Unmatched Lay Bets is equal to 0.
22:42:35 Checking condition and Selection's Number of Unmatched Back Bets is equal to 0.
22:42:35 Waiting for an updated list of bets before the block can be closed.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 11 Apr 2013, 23:09 »
hi - the files are the same - I didn't think the 1st attachment worked so I tried again

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 11 Apr 2013, 23:57 »
oh - and I have since changed bm_type to = 1 and not 2 as per my original message.

thanks again

« Reply #6 on: 12 Apr 2013, 08:04 »
Hi
bm_type is equal to 1 in the close block is looking for the last matched bet to be lay matched
however, the last matched bet could be the back bet from backing FT
so the block can't close

I think you should exclude the conditions already checked in backing trigger for close block.

I am thinking you want to repeat the block when:
the backing trigger has executed
and there are no unmatched back or lay bets

Try changing the close block conditions to something like:
every selection's lay unmatched is equal to 0
and every selection's back unmatched is equal to 0
and trigger backing FT number of runs is greater than 0
and every selection's ABS(back_payout - lay_payout) is less than 0.1

Although you mention a lay trigger that runs independent from this back trigger, this back trigger refers to bm_laya and bm_layp which must mean there is a preceding and related lay trigger. Same for the unmatched lay condition in the back and close block triggers. So it is a bit difficult to understand the context of what you are wanting to do, but I hope this helps with the closing block issue. 
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 12 Apr 2013, 21:32 »
hi

thanks for replying - i'll try your suggestions for tomorrows games.

what I meant by laying independently was that my triggers lay then close, back then close as the price falls. Its just that the lay trigger isn't in the same block as the back one.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE