Author Topic: Win / Place market name v global variable scope  (Read 1992 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi,

I'm trying to determine in a trigger that operates in the horse place markets as to whether it is a Handicap (Hcap) or Nursery.  In the win market, it is possible to use Market name contains Hcap or Market name contains Nursery.  In a place market, this isn't possible because that info isn't in the market name.

So I thought, I'll set a user var m_market_name in the win market and test that in the place market context using winplace_m_market_name.  But I can only test this using Favourite's trigger expression ....  But there isn't an option to say Favourite's trigger expression CONTAINS Hcap.  So then I thought I'll set a user var (is_hcap) in the win market context to 1 using Market name contains Hcap or Market name contains Nursery as the condition (var scope is per market).  In the win market context the variable gets set to 0 (no conditions) and then gets set to 1 if the Hcap/Nursery condition is met.  But switch to the place market and it appears as 0.  So perhaps winplace_is_hcap would make it visible, but no.

Changed the is_hcap variable scope to global and the variable immediately gets cleared to 0 as soon as it was set to 1! 

So how can I determine in the place market context as to whether a race is a Hcap or Nursery?

regards

Wez

• Administrator
Re: Win / Place market name v global variable scope
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2015, 17:49 »
Just use the following condition in the trigger for place market:

Selection's Trigger Expression FIND("Hcap", "winplace_market_name") > 0

It does not matter which selection you apply this to, as long as it is within the place market.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Re: Win / Place market name v global variable scope
« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2015, 19:39 »
Thanks Oxa.

I tried putting something similar - Find(Hcap,winplace_market_name) - in the variables window but it didn't appear to do anything.  Perhaps the quotes make all the difference?

thanks again,

Wez

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE