Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Wez on 12 Mar 2015
  • Hi,

I'm trying to determine in a trigger that operates in the horse place markets as to whether it is a Handicap (Hcap) or Nursery.  In the win market, it is possible to use Market name contains Hcap or Market name contains Nursery.  In a place market, this isn't possible because that info isn't in the market name.

So I thought, I'll set a user var m_market_name in the win market and test that in the place market context using winplace_m_market_name.  But I can only test this using Favourite's trigger expression ....  But there isn't an option to say Favourite's trigger expression CONTAINS Hcap.  So then I thought I'll set a user var (is_hcap) in the win market context to 1 using Market name contains Hcap or Market name contains Nursery as the condition (var scope is per market).  In the win market context the variable gets set to 0 (no conditions) and then gets set to 1 if the Hcap/Nursery condition is met.  But switch to the place market and it appears as 0.  So perhaps winplace_is_hcap would make it visible, but no.

Changed the is_hcap variable scope to global and the variable immediately gets cleared to 0 as soon as it was set to 1! 

So how can I determine in the place market context as to whether a race is a Hcap or Nursery?

regards

Wez
  • #2 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 12 Mar 2015
  • Just use the following condition in the trigger for place market:

Selection's Trigger Expression FIND("Hcap", "winplace_market_name") > 0

It does not matter which selection you apply this to, as long as it is within the place market.
  • #3 by Wez on 12 Mar 2015
  • Thanks Oxa.

I tried putting something similar - Find(Hcap,winplace_market_name) - in the variables window but it didn't appear to do anything.  Perhaps the quotes make all the difference?

thanks again,

Wez
Pages:
Actions