Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 13231 times)

Tags:
  • Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
Windows 10
« on: 31 Jul 2015, 13:24 »
As you probably know Microsoft offers a free update to Windows 10 and somebody (like us) done the upgrading already.
We are receiving some reports of crashing MF pro under the new OS. Unfortunately we can't reproduce the crash on our copies yet. But we are investigating the problem and for now we would suggest to switch off the MarketLocator auto-search feature.

We would be thankful if you post here any details of the problem:
1. is the OS 32 or 64 bit?
2. Is it beta version?
3. Did you upgrade or made fresh installation?

Thank you.
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: 06 Aug 2015, 16:14 »
Since upgraded to Win 10, MF crashes few minutes after I start it.
Windows 10 - 64bit, upgrade from Windows 8.1

Attached is the error.

• Élite
« Reply #2 on: 06 Aug 2015, 16:47 »
Hi dobromirmio

I would love to know if the following, from that error file, refers to your machine:

CPU: GenuineIntel, Intel Pentium III Xeon, MMX @ 2190 MHz

I kind off suspect not, so if that is true where is this erroneous data being held I wonder!

I have seen (and reported) similar types of error message (only in a window on the screen not in a file) with V8 on Windows7.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 06 Aug 2015, 16:57 »
Hi alfaman,

:D you are right, noticed now that it says 'Intel Pentium III Xeon' and thats not my machine I run MF on HP laptop with Processor 'Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)'

The error pops up as a window but it wont let me press 'submit error' Thats why I copied the text in text file.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that sometimes no error message windows appears but just 'MarketFeeder Pro has stopped working'

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 06 Aug 2015, 17:02 »
Yes I get that as well.   :D

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 06 Aug 2015, 19:27 »
I won't be upgrading for at least 6 months.   There is another feature that could give potential problems with MFPro.   In Windows 10 you can't opt out of updates, they must be installed.  Now if this is done automatically,  the computer could restart at random times, which would be a severe problem for a continuous bot,  I don't know if these settings can be modified on the Home edition.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 07 Aug 2015, 05:43 »
Solution?
MF still crashes every time I start it under Win 10 :(

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 09 Aug 2015, 09:36 »
Same problem here, I upgraded from Win 8 and have 64 bit. MF worked the first day but always crashes within the first couple of minutes for the last few days.

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 09 Aug 2015, 10:27 »
If you haven't upgraded to Windows 10 I would hold off doing so if you want to use MFPro. Windows 10 is actually great to use but at the moment it doesn't seem to like MFPro.

I have up upgraded to Windows 10 on my home and work PC's. Both installations fine from 8.1 on machines, different brands that were new last year. Both ran MFPro on 8.1 with no issues.

My home PC now runs it for around 1-2 minutes before it crashes. Longer on the work PC and harder to predict the crash..but it comes and you can't rely on the software running anymore.

I have had to sign up to a VPS. Works like a dream as it before the upgrade. It runs on Windows Server 2008. Probably the ideal solution and easy to setup even for me. The only issue is the cost of the VPS - £30 per month for my chosen package.

MFPro is such a world class product from great people. Fingers crossed these issues can be resolved soon.

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 16 Aug 2015, 08:31 »
I upgraded to windows 10 and had the same problems, MFPro stops working after a few minutes. This is not advice but just letting you know how I got MFPro to work albeit it is still unstable nonetheless works. TRY MY LAST POINT BEFORE FOLLOWING MY EXPERIENCE as closing the window may work before running in compatibility mode

Changing settings in the program did not work so I went to the folder where MFPro is stored and:
>right clicked on feeder8.exe
>properties
>compatibility tab
>ticked run in compatibility mode for windows 8
>run compatibility checker
>an error was found
>accepted windows for fix the error
>saved the settings
>start MFPro
>error windows may appear such as text windows - ignore them and move them out the way
>error message may appear saying MFPro stopped working close program, ignore this for a few minutes then CLOSE THE WINDOW USING X DO NOT SELECT TO CLOSE MFPRO once the window closes MFPRO re-starts

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 16 Aug 2015, 13:33 »
The same error on Windows Server 2008 after update to new MF pro Version 2 times.
Now it runs since 12 hours.

mr8147

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 10 Sep 2015, 13:26 »
Hi I am getting problems since the upgrade, most times I get an error that just says MFP has stopped working but a couple of times I have seen this text pop up incase it is a clue. Does Windows 10 not have the service packs that MFP is looking for?

I have uninstalled reinstalled even to a different directory to try and clear that bit out but no good.

I get the login screen and login and start to use it but at somepoint within five minutes it stops working

Or as soon as I login I get an error window that says something like windows XP no service pack and then a load off characters that make no sense to me

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 11 Sep 2015, 12:26 »
Just as a follow up to this it appears to have finally started working. I had done clean installs a few times, (including deleting the folders that kept the profiles and triggers etc, and renaming the install folder to something different each time eg marketfeederpro8aaa

After each install MFP had started OK but then (unless it gave the XP SP pack error) just stopped working within 5 mins. I had been trying to run it the last time whilst task manager performance was running in case that gave any clues.

What I noticed was that in the first five minutes after logging into Windows 10 there seems to be an awful lot of disk activity ie disk at 100% even though I could not see anything being used. So in my most recent attempt after doing a clean install to a new directory and having deleted all old profile and trigger files I rebooted my machine and logged in again and waited until the disk activity had ceased then I logged into MFP and it ran OK for the whole of yesterday afternoon (14:00 to end of racing).

Today I have started it up and so far so good. It may be just chance or coincidence, but I just wonder if starting MFP up for the first time after install, whilst windows 10 seems to be sorting itself out may reveal whatever the cause is to occur. If anyone with this problem feels motivated to try it please post if it helped or not.

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 20 Sep 2015, 11:29 »
Still crashing under Win 10 :(((

• Élite
« Reply #14 on: 21 Sep 2015, 17:06 »
hi
i updated my laptop to windows 10 not longer after the free upgrade was given.
i had one problem and after 0 problems.
please check all your computer settings, firewall, antivirus and any other software that you have running that could block mfp.
make sure that all your checking software gives full access to mfp.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE