Author Topic: winning place in Aus horse markets  (Read 2919 times)

Tags:
  • All members
winning place in Aus horse markets
« on: 18 Jun 2014, 10:45 »
Hi Everyone

Quick question....In the results from the Australian horse races the winner and the winning places are shown.  Is it possible to bet on these place markets and if so, how, as there isn't a separate place market as in the UK/IRE races?

• Élite
Re: winning place in Aus horse markets
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jun 2014, 17:15 »
hi
i just checked the races for aus and there are place markets to bet in.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jun 2014, 20:12 »
Hi Mcbee

Maybe I'm missing something, but if I load Australian win and place markets in the market locator, then only win markets load up.  When these win markets settle then they display places as well as the winner.  It doesn't seem possible to bet on these places as they are tied into a win market.  If I place a bet in an Australian horse race how does Betfair know if it's a win or a place bet that I've made?

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jun 2014, 21:32 »
Hi
If you make up a market locator template as per the attached screenshot you should be able to load AUS and NZ win and place markets. It looks like the place markets will be suspended at the off whereas only the AUS win markets will turn in-play.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jun 2014, 14:59 »
Hi Mark

That explains why I wasn't seeing the place markets...I had a condition in the market locator to filter markets that don't turn inplay....as a result it didnt load the place markets!

Cheers to you & Mcbee for clearing things up

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 12 Jul 2014, 16:54 »
Quick question please. For these kind of updates where place markets are suspended,  where is the best place for users to get updated?
Gambling is a lifestyle.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 13 Jul 2014, 13:05 »
I don't fully understand the question, but the place results come through in the win markets in Australian races when they are settled, so you can see who won and who was placed, assuming that you do not delete settled markets automatically

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 17 Jul 2014, 09:27 »
Is there any reason why Australian Racing Place Results don't seem to update in MFP?

They are definitely coming through in the Betfair results service, but don't appear to update.

bobh

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE