Author Topic: WINPLACE in version 8  (Read 3606 times)

Tags:
  • All members
WINPLACE in version 8
« on: 07 Dec 2014, 13:24 »
HI, I just wondered if anyone else had encountered problems in this area.

I have had a trigger that I have run successfully for a few years now that places ew bets.

When conditions are correct in the win market a win bet is placed, and the place part monitors the win market with win place.

In the place market I have a separate bloxk of conditions that state (AND) if winplace_back_matched >0 OR winplace_back_unmatched > 0 so if all place conditions are correct, and it detects a bet in the win market (either matched or unmatched) it places a bet. This worked fine throughout version 7, but I have now noticed it does not work in V8. Looking in the logs I can see that it is the win_place conditions that just remain false even when the bet is placed in the win market.

Looking at the description of the back_matched and unmatched now in the triggers file it just says total matched and I am not sure if this still relates to the selection or not, or if the problem is with the winplace itself.

So just thought I would see what anyone else has noticed.

• Élite
Re: WINPLACE in version 8
« Reply #1 on: 07 Dec 2014, 13:53 »
hi
i have just tried your conditions using back and lay bets, it works ok.

try using a new profile, if that does not work, please include your trigger so that i can see what the problem is.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 07 Dec 2014, 14:21 »
Hi thanks for that, it has worked a treat.... Can't believe something as simple as that solved it. I deleted so much stuff trying to narrow it down..

Thanks very much for a quick response.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 07 Dec 2014, 18:16 »
There must be something in that profile that could have caused it but I'm glad that this is already fixed.
Bots are lifesavers.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 11 Feb 2015, 15:05 »
Hi

I just thought I would raise this again.

Last time it happened I created a totally new profile from scratch and it fixed the problem. I have upgraded to 8.0.0.15 and found that the same thing has happened.

Whilst it is no biggie having to create a new profile now that I know what it is, is there anything else that could be causing this?

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 11 Feb 2015, 15:26 »
Actually I need to add another update here as I have just found that creating a new profile this time does not solve the problem this time. So I am stuck now having to wait for each race and manually place the place bet.

Looking at the trigger logs it appears that when the bet is placed in the win market the lines win_place_back_matched (and unmatched) are not detected.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 11 Feb 2015, 16:23 »
winplace has no underscore as in your example win_place

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 11 Feb 2015, 17:15 »
OK that was just a typo on my behalf. The point here being triggers that have worked for me for years stop working in this regard when there is an update made to MFPro.

I have created a couple more profiles and finally managed to get it working again. But it is odd, it is just as if once the software upgrades that it creates a disconnect in how winplace is used.

Looking through the logs I could quite clearly see the win part of the bet being placed but after that winplace_matched is greater than 0 OR  winplace_unmatched is greater than zero are both still returning FALSE.

Once the new profile change actually works I start then getting one of those values to TRUE which is what is needed to place the place aspect of the bet.

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 22 Feb 2015, 10:31 »
The winplace_ prefix refers to the opposite market, so if you are checking it in the Win market, it'll look in the place market and vice versa.

Make sure the type of market is chosen correctly in the "Markets" property of your triggers. Also, when you're checking the logs, make sure you are checking them for the right type of market.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE