Author Topic: Excel trigger  (Read 5026 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Excel trigger
« on: 14 Nov 2016, 19:32 »
Hi all,
is using excel to trigger bets quicker than the standard trigger application, and if so is there a particular cell to enter trigger formula?

• All members
Re: Excel trigger
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2016, 19:56 »
might try gruss

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 19 Nov 2016, 09:22 »
I'm no expert, but surely exporting the api information into excel and then importing it into mfp creates an extra layer into the process which can only add to the total time taken to execute the instruction?

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 19 Nov 2016, 16:30 »
Thanks Armani, that's what I would have thought as well, but I'm sure the idea of the excel interface was to speed up triggers otherwise why have it??? ???

« Reply #4 on: 19 Nov 2016, 17:23 »
Hi
MFP can run triggers at a top market refresh rate of 0.2 seconds. From my experience the best refresh rate for using the Excel link is about 1 second.

The Excel link adds loads of flexibility and the possibilities are almost endless; cross-market arbs, connecting to external data feeds, statistics, charting, customised selection databases, ratings, tipster lists, statement analysis to name but a few.

You can read data from Excel and there is a trigger action to write data to Excel, plus what are known as "Custom Cells" for putting data in the same cell for each selection etc. There is a section in the helpfile on the Excel Interface. A simple trigger condition would be:
and selections trigger expression cell_sheet1_F2 is between 10 and 20
i.e. the condition is met if the value in cell Sheet1!F2 is between 10 and 20
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE