Author Topic: hardware issues?  (Read 2926 times)

Tags:
  • All members
hardware issues?
« on: 17 Jan 2015, 07:25 »
alright guys i have just got a new automated bot that scans various markets on quite a lot of football games at the same time. i am running this through my mid range sony vaio laptop (not sure of the specifics), the trouble is i have a sneaky feeling that the laptop is not coping with this and causing it to clog up and therefore missing some of the opportunities that the bot is meant to be finding!
does this sound a thing anyone else has had trouble with, and if so what kind of power/memory did you upgrade to? as you can tell i haven't got a clue with computers really so layman's terms please but any help would be appreciated as i dont want to fork out for a new one with out getting some advise off you lot first

thanks

Re: hardware issues?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2015, 18:45 »
Hi,

Does this relate to MfPro ?

If not, then what type of bot are you running? Is it for Arbing? Just how many matches have you loaded up? When you check your system how much cpu% and memory% have you free when running the bot?

Larp

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jan 2015, 18:53 »
Hi mate cheers for the reply, yea it's run through MFP And it's basically a football trading system but it requires cross matching on multiple markets so with the matches lodes up for the day and 3 markets being watched at the same time it's slowing down massively. According to my computers it's using between 25 and 30% of my cpu! The thing is often when I click on something it says 'mfp has stopped responding' which is what leads me to believey laptop can't cooe with it and therefore it is not collecting the correct data and placing my bets efficiently.

Another option suggested to me is running through a VPS?

Cheers

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2015, 19:35 »
Open the Settings, under the Monitoring tab, check the refresh rates of the markets before the off and inplay. you may need to slow down certain of the markets.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 01 Mar 2015, 19:08 »
, under the Monitoring tab, check the refresh rates of the markets before the off and inplay

Thanks Larp. That has got me all set up!
Looking for triggers.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE