Author Topic: Holdem - calculating relevant outs  (Read 2063 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Holdem - calculating relevant outs
« on: 22 May 2020, 09:19 »
I've taken an Outs condition from one of the sample triggers, whihc calcs the number of Outs for all other hands. I'm using this after the Flop.

unicds_1_outs + unicds_2_outs + unicds_3_outs + unicds_4_outs + unicds_5_outs + unicds_6_outs + unicds_7_outs + unicds_8_outs - card_1_outs - IF(card_1 = card_2, 0, card_2_outs)

Works great but this returns the number of Outs that improve any of the other 3 hands. What I'd really like to do is return the number of Outs that improve a hand so it is then beating my selected hand

i.e

Hand 1: 2d Kh
Hand 2: 5c 2s
Hand 3: Js Kc
Hand 4: Ad 5s

Full Outs is 9, given I'm backing Hand 3 as the fave.

However, Outs that could displace Hand 3 as the fave on the Turn are only 5 (2x2, 3xA).
It's something I can do in my head very quickly but is it possible to return that value in a trigger or are there too many permutations to deal with ?

• All members
Re: Holdem - calculating relevant outs
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2020, 09:30 »
Oops. forgot the Flop cards in the example

I've taken an Outs condition from one of the sample triggers, whihc calcs the number of Outs for all other hands. I'm using this after the Flop.

unicds_1_outs + unicds_2_outs + unicds_3_outs + unicds_4_outs + unicds_5_outs + unicds_6_outs + unicds_7_outs + unicds_8_outs - card_1_outs - IF(card_1 = card_2, 0, card_2_outs)

Works great but this returns the number of Outs that improve any of the other 3 hands. What I'd really like to do is return the number of Outs that improve a hand so it is then beating my selected hand

i.e

Flop: Jc 2h As

Hand 1: 2d Kh
Hand 2: 5c 2s
Hand 3: Js Kc
Hand 4: Ad 5s

Full Outs is 9, given I'm backing Hand 3 as the fave.

However, Outs that could displace Hand 3 as the fave on the Turn are only 5 (2x2, 3xA).
It's something I can do in my head very quickly but is it possible to return that value in a trigger or are there too many permutations to deal with ?

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE