Author Topic: How to avoid losing runs?  (Read 4591 times)

Tags:
  • All members
How to avoid losing runs?
« on: 04 Feb 2017, 21:56 »
I'm trying to set up conditions for a HiLo trigger and I'm struggling to find a way of performing a simple check. 

All I want to do is to only trade after a W has appeared in the W/L/Z sequence. 

However I can't just put that condition on the channel because no trade is ever placed to give the first W.

As an example, I would expect a bet to be placed at the end of this sequence ZZZLZLZZZZLW

Can anyone help?

• All members
Re: How to avoid losing runs?
« Reply #1 on: 05 Feb 2017, 18:21 »
Having looked at this in more detail, what I need to do is prevent further bets after a loss, until another winner appears. 

Finding the next winner is the tricky bit because I need to identify that the bet was a winner, even if xfeeder didn't bet on it!

This is quite a valuable setting to check, because typically both the big gains and big losses are made on runs and the rest of the action is just "noise". Stopping betting on losing runs before they start draining the bank is crucial and I'm surprised that I can't find an easy way (or even hard!) way to do this.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 05 Feb 2017, 19:43 »
Hi
One method I find useful is to setup user variables to indicate when a particular bet strategy would have won/lost and then increment them as a count of sequential wins/losses. You can use 'Trigger Expression' in the conditions area to access the variables. You can then place a real bet only when the required conditions are met.
This method can take quite a few triggers, don't forget to clear the variable/s if it/they don't win/lose as required. Very useful when Time Machine testing as you can see the variables while running.
Good luck.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 05 Feb 2017, 21:02 »
Hi atjbet,

Many thanks for your helpful advice!

I'll check out these user variables and trigger expressions. It sounds tricky, though should be an interesting little project :)

I'll let you guys know how I get on. 

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE