Author Topic: Pause/stop auto trading trig when profit/loss met, then start again at set time.  (Read 4846 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi all,
I've been away from this for a couple of years (!) after getting a bit disillusioned with things (even though I had brilliant help with trigger coding from one or two top people), but I'm back and looking for a method to achieve the following, which I simply cannot find on any thread I've searched through (some are close but don't really answer the question):

I would like to: a) auto trade with my trigger until it has reached a specific total won / lost for the day/session, at which point it should pause or turn off, then b) wait until a specific time the next day before the auto trading restarts (and setting the total profit/loss back to zero in order to repeat the process).

I can see that "reset Total Profit/Loss" "one time"(maybe?) at the start of my triggers might do the latter part, and that perhaps "stop channel" if "Total Profit/Loss is outside -nn and nn" would stop the auto-triggering when my profit/loss criteria are met, but I cannot see how I can create a trigger to recommence auto-trading at a specified time. I don't think the scheduler in the "Settings" helps.

Also, as an aside, which of the following takes precedent - setting the Betting Options for "Stop automated and trigger betting..." to specific values, or setting a trigger action to "stop channel" for the same conditions?

I hope that makes sense. Any ideas on how to do this neatly would be gratefully received. Thank you.

• All members
Well this is a sorry state of affairs. Over one week and no replies? Not even anything from Welldone..? What does this tell us?

• All members
Yes, pretty quiet on here. Betfair forums no longer even has a games category. People reading but not contributing. The Russians look to be pretty busy on here though.

Re your question, I have yet to be able to run x-feeder for more than a few hours before an 'abnormal program termination' or a teminal overflow error so I am not sure I would trust it running a stategy long term.

• All members
I have yet to be able to run x-feeder for more than a few hours before an 'abnormal program termination' or a teminal overflow error so I am not sure I would trust it running a stategy long term.

I remember when I was playing with X-feeder, I need to restart once a week or so. X-feeder actually eat memory, but it's a fun software - one negative if I remember correct was that the price steps was not correct! 

• All members
Thanks for your comments. The future doesn't look too hopeful for X-Feeder then.
Cheers.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE