Author Topic: help still needed, anyone know the answer?  (Read 4683 times)

Tags:
  • Élite
  • head always buried in stats
help still needed, anyone know the answer?
« on: 09 Nov 2009, 06:32 »
I just seen that this post should have been made in this section....apologies.

Amazing results from test mode continue.  But in horse racing (in play) is there a way of using the remember trigger (or any other trigger) to cancel any lay bets about to be triggered that would duplicate a bet on a selection from another lay trigger. With several blocks running at the same time each with a variety of different triggers within the blocks it all looks very complicated. 

Something like “ cancel any lay bet on existing selections that have been matched in current “in play” market. Now that should be perfect………

I find that once the criteria from a numbers of triggers are met several bets on the same selection are being made in play. This is wonderful when the selection loses as so far they have been, but inevitably once I start using real money, I will get stuffed big time! 

This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• Administrator
Re: help still needed, anyone know the answer?
« Reply #1 on: 09 Nov 2009, 20:30 »
Something like “ cancel any lay bet on existing selections that have been matched in current “in play” market. Now that should be perfect………
Sorry for the intrusion, but how can you cancel anything that has been matched?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• Élite
« Reply #2 on: 10 Nov 2009, 15:10 »
I believe "betfair winner" wants to cancel remaining lay bets on a selection once "matched lay amount" for that selection is greater than 0!

• Élite
« Reply #3 on: 10 Nov 2009, 20:51 »
Sorry if it was not clear,but Bamthwok is correct.

If a lay bet has been matched on a selection at 130, and the lay of the same selection is triggered by another trigger at 140; how can i make this trigger ignore this bet on a selection that already has a lay bet matched on it. from an earlier trigger?

This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 11 Nov 2009, 02:09 »
@betfair winner: In the conditions window, Just add the conditions
         "Selection's" - "Number of Matched Lay Bets" - "is equal to" - "0".
and   "Selection's" - "Number of Unmatched Lay Bets" - "is equal to" - "0"

You have to add this conditions to each of your lay triggers, so the trigger will check first whether a lay bet has been already placed on the selection. If yes, no new lay bet will be placed.

However, by using this method, there is a slight chance (depending on the trigger details) that the lay bet placed, might stay unmatched.

Another method is like this, add a trigger to your trigger block:

Action: Cancel Lay
Selections: All Selections
Conditions are met: "Selection's" - "Lay Matched" - "is greater than" - "0"

• Élite
« Reply #5 on: 11 Nov 2009, 07:24 »
Many thanks for this, I will give this a try later today. ;D

• Élite
« Reply #6 on: 11 Nov 2009, 16:16 »
Hi Bamthwok
Just to update you re the triggers; regrettably neither of your examples worked.
I persevered with the new block for a few races as per your second example, but that was not working so I went through each block in turn and used your first example, which had the same result. :P
I have a screen shot, of the trigger set up and the matched bets which shows the problem, however due to size of file i cannot attach it here.
If you email me I can send you the file so perhaps you can see the problem.
Thanks again
Andy

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 23 Apr 2010, 11:47 »
Hi BF Winner,

did you manage to get this working? Looking at what Bamthwok wrote, that should have stopped any further lay bets if there was already a lay in the pipeline (matched or unmatched)

perhaps using the condition "trigger or block has been excuted" might stop the second lay going off?

Rich..:)

• Élite
« Reply #8 on: 23 Apr 2010, 15:16 »
HI Rich
Many thanks for your help, I posted this in Novemeber and a good deal has happened since then, but I am not currently getting any issues with multiple unwanted bets. In fact i do now use your suggestion which does seem to solve the problem.
Thanks again for your interest.......Hope you are making a few quid
All the best
Andy

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 24 Apr 2010, 16:27 »
Hi Andy, good stuff.

not doing too bad, I can create the triggers well - it's the strategies :) lol

Rich..:)

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE