Author Topic: Quick newbee question  (Read 3777 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Quick newbee question
« on: 13 Apr 2015, 04:23 »
Hi guys,

I would like to add a constant (to an existing trigger) where I can set the minimum price for the pre-game favourite (in soccer). I've been checking around the forum and seen some different codes for the variable so I got unsure, appreciate any help.

Thank you,
/D

Ps I already have the opposite trigger "maximum before in-play price for the favourite" as "mpf" - so I want the opposite of that (where I can set minimum instead of maximum).

• All members
Re: Quick newbee question
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2015, 11:03 »
Hi
There are several ways you can do this. If you wish to exclude The Draw as a favourite try this:

New Constant: fmp (Favourite Minimum Price)
Conditions:
selections index is between 1 and 2
and selections sorting order is defined by back_price
and selections trigger expression match_index is equal to 1
and selections back price is equal or greater than fmp 

Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2015, 18:26 »
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the help. So I should just be able to add another constant and then in "var1" just write fmp and then in "initial value" write for example 1.5 (if that is the minimum odds I want to accept).

Or do I need to also write the conditions you mention below (I don't want to change anything else about the trigger - just add that it excluds favourites with very low odds - so I want to have all other conditions intact.

Appreciate any additional help, cheers.
/D

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2015, 18:44 »
Hi
Yes, that's correct for the constant.

Just add this condition to the conditions in the betting trigger:
and selections back price is equal or greater than fmp

the earlier conditions I gave you define the favourite, but if the trigger already bets on only the fav then you just need the above condition. Please test in test mode.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2015, 04:09 »
Great stuff Mark - got it now. Thanks!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE