Author Topic: Trigger needed  (Read 6896 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Trigger needed
« on: 31 Jul 2012, 22:26 »
Hi all,

I am looking for a trigger to do the following, and would be really grateful for any help

I want to lay the top 3 horses in any GB horse race before the race to win £5 as long as the combined lay odds is not more than 1.75.  I only want to include races with 8 or more runners.

If you can post a file I would love you even more!  thanks

• Élite
  • head always buried in stats
Re: Trigger needed
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jul 2012, 22:32 »
Call me stupid, but I am clearly missing something here.   How would you ever get the top 3 in the betting layed at combined odds of 1.75?
Had you said 8.75 that would make sense.
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 31 Jul 2012, 22:35 »
Hi,

Maybe I have labelled it wrong but I just had a liability of £3.25 for a £5 win on everyting else.  There are loads of opportunities to find combined odds on lays each day.  Don't forget this is a lay hedge

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 31 Jul 2012, 22:40 »
I might need to just clarify as not made myself very clear.  Lay the 3 lowest odds horses for a combined odds of 1.75 or lower for a win on everything else of £5

Thanks

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 31 Jul 2012, 22:51 »
Any chance of you giving an actual example, please ? Forget triggers for the moment, just list the bets you would make on a mythical race of eight runners.

Do you mean to lay three horses all at odds of 1.75 ? If you were lucky to get such bets matched you would guarantee a win but such events are quite rare.

If, as Betfairwinner believes, you wish to lay at prices which added together make 1.75 then you have little or no chance of getting bets matched.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 31 Jul 2012, 23:04 »
Hi,

Here is an example I did today

Horse           odds            liability
Fav               2.9              (£4.05)
2nd fav         5.8              (£4.05)
3rd fav          6.2              (£4.05)
everything else                £8.05 win

Hope this helps, I did several races today,

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 31 Jul 2012, 23:05 »
Therefore the bet is aprox 1.5 to lay

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 31 Jul 2012, 23:08 »
Sorry i missed the stake

Horse           odds         stake       liability
Fav               2.9            £4.30       (£4.05)
2nd fav         5.8            £2.15       (£4.05)
3rd fav          6.2            £2.02       (£4.05)
everything else                             £8.05 win

• Élite
« Reply #8 on: 01 Aug 2012, 06:50 »
hi  leejones2012
THAT took some working out, on how you came to your calculations.
YOUR question should have been
DUTCH lay the top 3 favs for 8+commission
if the combined odds are 17.50 or less

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #9 on: 01 Aug 2012, 09:24 »
I recommend that you read the pages on this site :

http://www.arbcruncher.com/

It gives full explanations of many types of betting. It has calculators which enable you to place bets manually in the way you describe above. When you have tested your system manually you can then go on to see if such processes can be automated, and more important, whether or not such a system merits all the work that would be required.

My knowledge of MFP and making triggers is still very restricted but I know about betting/trading. Be very careful when you are dutching. It's very easy to make mistakes, the bets are intrinsically complicated, and they could prove to be costly if they are not placed precisely. Also, the essential problem with dutching is that the whole series of bets must actually be matched if things are to go to plan. One failed bet and things can go haywire.

I mess about with the dutching function which is built in to MFP but do so only for fun. I am not the sort of person who would dutch for serious money because of my experience in screwing things up when I have used small stakes.

You may have hit on a winning system but you will not know until you give it a try.

• Élite
  • head always buried in stats
« Reply #10 on: 01 Aug 2012, 11:06 »

I fear that  Nigelbleddfa is correct. i too tried a version of this and it will work great for a while until the fateful day that you cannot get one of the group matched then you can lose out big time. The difference between test and live in this regard is wide and i would not rely too heavily on the test bets as a true indicator of this approach in live!
Good luck.
 and yes in the example you gave the combined odds is 15 not 1.75
This time next year, we will all be paying Betfair premium charge commission rates!

• All members
« Reply #11 on: 01 Aug 2012, 21:45 »
Hi,

Does anybody have any ideas?  thanks

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 01 Aug 2012, 21:49 »
Sorry didn't mean to post that

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE