Author Topic: Is in the List  (Read 14304 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Is in the List
« on: 03 Mar 2024, 10:48 »
Hi, I wonder if there is an article anywhere that explains how best to use the "is in list" part of the trigger expression imported_x is in list.

I have been developing a trigger based on the win treble ones given on the site, and now have it how I want it, but it still uses the approach of typing in the horses name for each treble in turn.

So now to make it slicker, faster and more flexible I am trying to adapt it to taking the selections from a text document.

I think using the list may be the best way to go, but not sure how this feature actually works or the best way to approach it.

So for example, say I had 8 trebles, with horses appearing in multiple lines, can I structure one text document with

Treble 1 HorseA, HorseB, HorseC
Treble 2 HorseA, HorseC, HorseD
Treble 3 HorseA, HorseC, HorseE

etc, and is each line effectively a list - so I then say trigger expression imported_1 is in list Treble 1? if so will imported_1 pick up any horse that is listed against treble 1. This would then enable the current trigger actions to carry on as currently. (At present for treble one I have three OR components where selections name is equal to t1a, t1b, t1c and would like to replace these with "is in list" if that is the most logical approach.

I suspect there is more to it than this, but could do with a read of this feature as a concept so I understand how to get it set up properly using it as designed.

• All members
Re: Is in the List
« Reply #1 on: 03 Mar 2024, 12:06 »
Hi
Have a look at Item 5. here. Perhaps you could use something like this.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
Re: Is in the List
« Reply #2 on: 03 Mar 2024, 12:18 »
Mark

thanks for the response, sadly that is not what I need.

With the trebles some will lose and stop and other will carry on, and so you cannot predetermine how many bets will be places on the later selections.

The trigger I have created is for up to 12 EW trebles, and as I say it works well with all the different horses manually added to each treble. I am just trying to work out the easiest way to replicate it in a text document.

I have searched on in the list but not found much, I just wondered if there was a document explaining how to use this, if not I will have a play when I have time to see if I can work it out. The fact that it asks for a list name when I have looked at this makes me think there is a way of breaking the text document down into lists.

So instead of the example above it may be that I need to set the list out as
Treble 1
HorseA
HorseB
HorseC

Treble 2
etc

and then use trigger expression sel_name is in list Treble 1 something like that.

I will have a play at some point, its just its alway easier if you can read how the feature was intended to be used, and as it exists I assume someone knows.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE