Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by MeAtHome on 25 Feb 2011
  • Hi at all,
    I'm just register 4 a month to x-feeder, but now I'm looking for a function to round the start betting price.

Thanks on advice.
  • #2 by rubold on 25 Feb 2011
  • Sorry, I don't understand your request.
    Please try to rephrase it.

If you are using a translator then make your request in short sentences.
  • #3 by MeAtHome on 25 Feb 2011
  • Sorry, I don't understand your request.
    Please try to rephrase it.

4 example:
    if I want place 2 decimal to the starting bet as:

total_funds / 5 = xx.yyyyyy

I want round the yyyyyy to yy

tnx
  • #4 by rubold on 25 Feb 2011
  • It won't make any difference.  The default back or lay only have 2 decimal places.  So there is no need to worry about it.
  • #5 by MeAtHome on 26 Feb 2011
  • Thanks for the reply.

;D
  • #6 by Prophit on 27 Feb 2011
  • A related question is whether MF Pro will always submit a proper price regardless of the result of an expression. I seem to recall that it does but cannot find it in the Help file.

For example, say the price is calculated by the trigger as follows:

(back_price+lay_price)/2

and the prices are 2.98 and 3.25 respectively. The result is 3.115. Will MF Pro place the bet at the next closest price, i.e. at 3.10?
  • #7 by rubold on 27 Feb 2011
  • I presume the software must know the tick values, so could round up or down.  Also the BF matching engine will automatically deliver the best price available for any bet.
  • #8 by Prophit on 27 Feb 2011
  • Yes and no. MF Pro does of course have the tick values built in. However, it will not submit a bet at any different price (try it manually). I don't believe Betfair would behave any differently.

However, I tried the calculation above and MF Pro handles it perfectly. It does seem to round to the nearest tick value.
  • #9 by Tim (WellDoneSoft) on 01 Mar 2011
  • We are in the X-Feeder topic ;-)
  • #10 by Prophit on 01 Mar 2011
  • Yes, you're right. Are they any different when it comes to the price ladder?
Pages:
Actions