Author Topic: Betfair charges  (Read 2863 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Betfair charges
« on: 21 Jul 2012, 06:17 »
Hi,

Can someone help me out with this question below.

I want to know if I run 2 or 3 different usernames on the program and on the same computer the betfair api will be exceeded and be charged?

Thanks.

• Élite
Re: Betfair charges
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2012, 06:44 »
hi
if you set your connection monitor refresh rate to 7 per bot for 3 bots, you should be ok,but this will only work with small amounts of triggers, if you have big banks of triggers you need to use 2 bots and set them to 10.
betfair links you accounts to you name, so all the transactions are added together.

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 2012, 07:06 »
Hi,

Can someone help me out with this question below.

I want to know if I run 2 or 3 different usernames on the program and on the same computer the betfair api will be exceeded and be charged?

Thanks.

I'm afraid yes.
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jul 2012, 09:18 »
Thank you Mcbee. I am going to try your recommended settings.

Thanks.

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jul 2012, 14:40 »
slybee,
but you get bonus requests in case you have big wins or big losses. For each pound commission or implied comission you generate, you get 5 pounds subtracted from your data request charges. This is the section of betfair charges's help page:

Example 2
You are an API user who uses a Betfair or 3rd party application. You generate commission of £4 and implied commission of £3 throughout a given day.
Your application allows you to choose the frequency with which you request data. You keep the settings at a rate of 5 per second which you know from Betfair or your application vendor means you are making 10 data requests a second (5 market price updates and 5 P&L updates per second). However, between the hours of 14:00 and 15:00 you decide to view 3 markets at the same time. Because the requests for data are market based this means you are now making 30 data requests per second.
Your base data charge is 0.1p multiplied by the number of seconds in which you made the additional 10 data requests above the free threshold of 20: (3600*10)*£0.001 = £36.
Therefore you will be billed £36- (£7*5) = £1 on the following day. If your total commission plus implied commission had been £7.20 or more, no charge would be applied.

If I am expecting a big win, I do not care about data request charges limits in case there is a temporary need to exceed the rates.  8)

But if you are not sure about your profit at the end of the day, it is a good idea to limit each instance if MFPro so that it is impossible to exceed the limit. Even If you use different usernames and different computers in different countries.

Martin

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jun 2014, 00:51 »
Hi slybee, I was just curios about this. How did this work out for you overall?
Gambling is a lifestyle.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE