Author Topic: Examine program logs without starting MFPro  (Read 1773 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Examine program logs without starting MFPro
« on: 29 Jan 2013, 10:30 »
Hi WDS/Oxa,
The ability to examine the historic performance of your triggered instructions is one of the main attractions of this excellent program. However, this morning, Tues 29th Jan 2013 10:00 am, the Betfair API status is currently offline.
I wanted to examine my program logs for yesterday to discover what went well and what didn't but I can't because I need to start MFPro...but I can't do that as the Betfair API is offline.
This led to thinking, it would be great to have a "Log Viewer" program separate from the main MFPro, just as we have a separate Trigger Editor, so that you can examine the program logs without connecting to the internet/Betfair API especially as the logs are stored locally.
I know you can manually unzip each log file and view it in NotePad but that's way too laborious when you have hundreds of files!

Good idea?
If you lose...don't lose the lesson!

• Élite
Re: Examine program logs without starting MFPro
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2013, 11:02 »
Obias-Trader,
if you know what you need to examine your trigger performance in advance, you can use action "write to action log", to have all your data to examine on a single place, the action log. Do not forget to add market_name in every logging text (and selection name if nexessary).

Oxa,
which zip tool can I use to unzip MFPro 7 logging data? I know I must not touch logging files when MFPro is running, but I can stop MFPro and copy action log to working directory before unzipping and analysis. 8)

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
Re: Examine program logs without starting MFPro
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2013, 18:17 »
Good idea, thank you.
Martin, they are gzipped but inside it's our own "compressed" format that's converted to readable form when you view them.
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE