Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by whitey86 on 17 Jun 2013
  • Hi,

It would be really nice if we could have a variable that retrieves the amount offered for any given price, not just the 3 best offered.

You can see it in the ladder mode so I wouldn't of thought it would be impossible? Maybe something like the traded_{price} variable but that can be used without having the ladder open.

Thanks,

Whitey
  • #2 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 17 Jun 2013
  • Hi whitey,

I will ad this to our wish list, but in practice adding such variable would require increasing the number of requests to BetFair by the number of selections in each market. This is because in order to get the amounts offered at each price you need to make a special request, this information does not come from the usual request for market prices.

I very much hope that the new API version BetFair is about to release will solve all these problems as it has a much more thought out interface than the current version. So this variable you're asking of will then become a reality.
  • #3 by nigelbleddfa1 on 17 Jun 2013
  • I'd like to know what use this suggestion would be if it was implemented. At best it would produce data which could be altered in an instant and be out of date very quickly. Additionally, there is no chance of this data being used as basis for a bet, either back or lay.

The increased use of spoofing, manipulation of markets by bets placed without them ever being matched, would seem to make the suggestion worthless.

What am I failing to see, please ?

Anyway, if it is implemented, it will not affect me unless I actually use it, I suppose.
  • #4 by MarkV on 17 Jun 2013
  • Hi Nigel
    I agree with you that the data could change quickly, but so could the data at the 3 best back and lay prices.
    Thinking about it there could be all sorts of reasons to work with amounts available outside of the best 3 prices.

Let's do an example manual trade:
    I am backing 1 hour before the off at a price of 2.50
    I want to lay anytime before the off at a price of 2.00
    however, there is a big queue at 2.00
    but no queue at 2.02, so I place my lay here so I can get matched pronto if the price comes in.
    I would not know about the queue at 2.00 without looking at the ladder.

So, if I can identify in a variable, available unmatched amounts (or queues) at specific prices outside of the best 3 prices, this will be a big help to me.
    The converse also applies; if I know there is a queue, I can make an entry knowing my exit is covered.

I hope this helps a bit to answer your question.

Here are some related forum posts:
    http://community.welldonesoft.com/suggestions-6/horses-lay-and-back-amounts-at-specific-prices/
    http://community.welldonesoft.com/triggered-betting-10/help-in-how-to-get-the-amount-on-some-odd/
    http://community.welldonesoft.com/triggered-betting-10/betting-ladder/
  • #5 by nigelbleddfa1 on 18 Jun 2013
  • Thanks, Mark, I was too dismissive of the idea, I suppose. I can see it being useful to give an overall picture but, even so, the visual display on the ladder provides a vast amount of information in an instant.

I have a proven track record of resisting change in trading software and others, who may recognise me from another forum, will see that I am just being my normal, grumpy self :)
Pages:
Actions