Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by acollin on 08 Feb 2015
  • Hi,

Quick question...

Is the variable "b_leap" positive or negative if the price moves for example from 6.60 to 6.20?

From reading the manual it seems to suggest that it would be -2 in this case but reading another thread on this forum seems to suggest it would be +2?

Thanks in advance.
  • #2 by londolozi on 09 Feb 2015
  • manual says "Back price leap (the number of ticks the back price grew by over the last refresh)"

Therefore +2 is correct.

Hint: Use the variable window for testing similar
  • #3 by armarni on 09 Feb 2015
  • This one has always tied me up in knots as well.  I would say that the answer was -2

In the manual just below the section about b_leap is b_growth, which gives an example:

b_growth for the price change from 4.0 to 4.2 is 0.2. If the price changed from 4.2 to 4.0, then it's -0.2.

To my mind, that indicates that if a price is coming in (or steaming or the odds getting shorter or whatever way you want to describe it), then b_leap, like b_growth, is a negative number.

Just my interpretation, not saying it's correct.
  • #4 by londolozi on 09 Feb 2015
  • b_leap (ticks)
    b_growth (absolute value in dollars)

price change 1.32 to 1.33
    b_leap = -1
    b_growth = +0.01
  • #5 by acollin on 09 Feb 2015
  • Perfect thanks.
  • #6 by armarni on 09 Feb 2015
  • b_leap (ticks)
    b_growth (absolute value in dollars)

price change 1.32 to 1.33
    b_leap = -1
    b_growth = +0.01

thanks for clearing that up Londolozi.

A related question;

If you wanted to know which price had shortened the most over a certain time, would you use
     pdif_{minutes}is the MAXIMUM of all, or pdif_{minutes}is the MIMIMUM of all?
  • #7 by londolozi on 09 Feb 2015
  • You need to use Excel.
    Customcell in cell M1 eg: MAX(M4:M75)
Pages:
Actions