Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by drab on 21 Apr 2016
  • Hi Guys,

I have what is hopefully a simple question.... but i can't seem to find the answer.

Given i have a matched lay.
    I then place a back - at high odds but to be taken at SP, as a catch-all.

I generally expect the "distribute loss between selections - trailing stop" to take a profit\limit my loss.
    My question is how do i cancel the unmatched back bet when the distribute loss triggers?

Chat soon,
     Bruce
  • #2 by MarkV on 21 Apr 2016
  • Hi
    I think this will work, but please test it in test mode first:
    add a second action to you distribute loss trigger: cancel back, More options: tick only bets that will be matched at SP, and perhaps also add a price range outside of your distribute loss price range.

If the above does not work, add another trigger after the DL:
    cancel back, More options: tick only bets that will be matched at SP
    condition: trigger <name of your DL trigger> number of runs is greater than 0
  • #3 by drab on 24 Apr 2016
  • Thanks for the help.

Ok, i've had a bit of time to test your suggestions.

The first option does not work. The distribute-loss function has no conditions and therefore runs every cycle.  The cancel was therefore triggering immediately.

The second option seems to work. This is the one in which we create a separate trigger which is conditional on the distribute-loss having triggered.  The fact that this works challenges my understanding of when a trigger has run. I thought if the conditions, as defined in the right-hand side of the trigger were met it was deemed to have been executed.  But now this is not the complete story: its also dependent on the specific action i.e. distribute-loss, green-up.

As an aside I created a trigger containing a  green-up followed by a distribute-loss... I also selected execute to "once per selection". The interesting fact (well to me it was interesting) was this trigger could execute twice per selection... once for the green-up and once for the distribute-loss at different cycle times. I, however, was expecting it to execute once only i.e. either the green-up or the distributive-loss.

It what i'm describing how it should work?

Chat soon,
     Drab
  • #4 by mcbee on 24 Apr 2016
  • hi
    add a condition to your green and dist triggers
    and trigger (name of your green or dist trigger) number of runs is equal to 0
    so your green trigger would be , and trigger (dist loss trigger name) number of runs is equal to 0
    and your dist loss trigger would be , and trigger (green trigger name) number of runs is equal to 0

mcbee
  • #5 by drab on 25 Apr 2016
  • Thanks mcbee!
Pages:
Actions