Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by madalainoz S on 17 Oct 2016
  • Hi all

Been doing a bit of forum reading and noticed that there used to be a distribute profit action in the trigger actions which not longer appears to be there. I found various formulas online that may do this but wondered if this is now covered by the green up/distribute loss triggers? I note that a competing product has a green up button which distributes a accumulated profit on one runner across the market for an even profit- in other words if I trade an individual runner for a cumulated profit e.g. back /lay,back/lay chasing a downward trend...  I can then distribute that profit after all trades are complete for a guaranteed and even profit.
    How does one do this in MFPro?-tradeout_net/lay_price is one method that popped into my head but am a little confused :o
    Advice appreciated
    Cheers
  • #2 by MarkV on 17 Oct 2016
  • Hi
    The Distribute Profit Trigger Action is there.

In Engineer Mode, there are individual selection trade-out buttons, and a trade-out all button which is the equivalent of Betfair's Cash-Out. Also in the trading ladder there are various trade-out buttons.

If you're doing it in a trigger take the sum of all the selections tradeout_net for the cumulative market "cash-out" figure:
    s_1_tradeout_net+s_2_tradeout_net+s_3_tradeout_net... etc. the value of this is what is displayed on the trade-out all button.
  • #3 by madalainoz S on 18 Oct 2016
  • Thanks for that MarkV. 2 questions:

1. If there is a manual distribute profit option, do you happen to know why is there no trigger option to do this (like distribute loss)-just out of interest. I see there used to be but not anymore?
    2. Does that mean I have to know which selection have a positive tradeout_net value and add them up before dividing by the number of runners? Pardon my ignorance here..maths is not my strong suit :o i.e. How do I do this via trigger if I am scalping random runners and want to distribute the profit?

Thanks again
  • #4 by MarkV on 18 Oct 2016
  • Hi
    The "Distribute Profit" trigger action is there in the list of trigger actions in the editor. Please see the attached screenshot.
    Distribute Profit is used to distribute profit on a single selection across all selections in a market.

If you are scalping random selections in a market, I think it will be better to use green-up and distribute loss, as these trigger actions do all the calculations for you, and will give you equal profit / loss across all selections. Plenty example triggers you might find useful here:
    http://marketfeederpro.com/learn/triggers/by-tag/tags/green-up/

The "collective greenup" trigger is superb, a video of it in action is here (first) : http://marketfeederpro.com/learn/videos/
    and I think would be ideal for you to adapt to your random selection scalping 
  • #5 by madalainoz S on 18 Oct 2016
  • Thanks MarkV.Don't mind me I am going old and blind evidently :) :o :o That's very helpful
    Cheers
  • #6 by IRL on 17 Jun 2017
  • Need help !

At some point, I want to do a Tradeout in two markets, UO 3.5 and UO 4.5 of the same game.

One of the two will be Green and another Distribute Profit, I'm using football9_s_1_tradeout_net and football10_s_1_tradeout_net, variable match_id - ABS (market_parent_id) Individually for each market,

If you only have one in-play game works correctly, however if you have two or more games the trigger tradeout in all games, even using football9_s_1_tradeout_net_match_id and football10_s_1_tradeout_net_match_id ...

Can someone help me make the tradeout only when my condition is satisfied and in only 1 game?
Pages:
Actions