Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by acollin on 14 Nov 2020
  • Hi all,

I'm not sure if I'm going to make sense here, or I'm getting confused, but I'll go for it anyway...

What is the best way to retrieve the theoretical 'profit / loss' figure that an individual selection has generated?

For example, let's assume we have the below matched bets on football:

Team 1
    £10 back bet @ 3.85
    £10.13 lay bet @ 3.80

Team 2
    £10 back bet @ 2.3

Draw
    No bets

So if I'm understanding correctly, Team 1 has in theory generated ~13p of profit from those bets.

Because of the back bet on Team 2 though, the profit_loss variable for Team 1 will now be ~ -£9.87  (I believe). And other variables such as tradeout_pl and tradeout_net will be zero for Team 1 as there's nothing to trade out.

So how do I retrieve that individual value of 13p for Team 1? Is there another variable I've missed, or does it have to be calculated manually? Or am I talking rubbish?

Many thanks.
  • #2 by MarkV on 15 Nov 2020
  • Hi
    That will be selections lay matched minus back matched
    s_1_lay_matched - s_1_back_matched for your example
  • #3 by acollin on 15 Nov 2020
  • Hi Mark

Thanks for the response. 

In this case, yes that formula would work out the profit for selection 1.

I'm looking for a consistent variable / formula though to monitor each selections 'performance'.

If another £10 back bet was then matched at 3.85, with the view to make another 1 tick trade, that formula would show -£9.87, which doesn't really accurately represent that selections 'performance' as it could be in a good position to make another 1 tick trade.

In the above case with another £10 back matched at 3.85 it would then be nice to retrieve the tradeout figure which would give a good representation of its performance. 

Am I making sense?

Maybe the answer is that no consistent variable as such exists and I need to incorporate an IF statement. IF back_payout = lay_payout THEN use the formula you suggested, but IF the payout variables are not roughly equal then retrieve the tradeout figure instead.

Many thanks.
  • #4 by MarkV on 15 Nov 2020
  • Hi
    I think you will need to set a user variable individually per selection repetitively.
    I had a play in engineer mode. Seems to work well. You can see the formula used in the tooltip in the screenshot which you can modify if you need to.    
  • #5 by acollin on 16 Nov 2020
  • That looks perfect thanks Mark, much appreciated.

Out of interest, possibly daft question but can I just ask where the 5p figure comes from? I did wonder what value I'd use for that and was initially thinking something along the lines of ((back_payout - lay_payout) / 'current price') being greater than 2, with that being the minimum bet. Is 5p a standard known value, or just an educated choice?

Many thanks.
  • #6 by MarkV on 17 Nov 2020
  • can I just ask where the 5p figure comes from?
    Several green up example triggers use 0.05 or 0.10 in a similar condition, makes sense as it is not going to be exact.
    Possibly experiment to see what figure works best for you.
  • #7 by acollin on 17 Nov 2020
  • Thanks Mark.
Pages:
Actions