Author Topic: Making a bet multiplier  (Read 1539 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Making a bet multiplier
« on: 23 Apr 2015, 13:32 »
I kinda have two questions, but the main one is the most important.

I am working on a trigger with a martingale system. Basicly it backs for a fixed win amount, when the bet loses, it adds the loss to the fixed win and backs again. So on and so forth untill I win, then it starts the cycle again.

Now I am working to build in a multiplier. I want a fixed amount added per race when I lose so that I make the same money per race, regardless of losing streak (Yes, I know this can get expensive).

I have this one to calculate my fixed win:
(init_win * loss_mltp) + current_loss
My initial starting amount (bet per race) * loss multiplier + current loss.
My idea was to have a multiplier that updates by one when the previous bet loses, so I came up with this:
Setting user variable loss_mltp
IF(market_settled_pl < 0, loss_mltp + 1, 1)

Now if the previous match is a loss, it rams the multiplier from 1 to 7! I am curious what I am doing wrong, or if there is a much easier way to do this off course!

Second question. When I have a trigger I am happy with and I want to try an updated version on the same time. Can I put a test version on exactly the same market and put that in test mode? In other words, will the results from the real and test bets interfear on the same markets?

Thank you for all your awnsers.

• Administrator
Re: Making a bet multiplier
« Reply #1 on: 24 Apr 2015, 07:18 »
Now if the previous match is a loss, it rams the multiplier from 1 to 7! I am curious what I am doing wrong, or if there is a much easier way to do this off course!

Let's not forget that the trigger's action is applied to every matching selection. If there are 7 of them, and your trigger action adds something to a variable, this will be executed 7 times. Might be a clue. So set the Selections to "First Matching Selection".

Second question. When I have a trigger I am happy with and I want to try an updated version on the same time. Can I put a test version on exactly the same market and put that in test mode? In other words, will the results from the real and test bets interfear on the same markets?

You can't run test and real mode in the same market simultaneously. Unless, of course, you are running two instances of MF Pro. But even in that case real bets always participate in the calculation of P/L, so they will be affecting the test mode calculations. Time Machine would be ideal in this case - totally autonomous.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
Re: Making a bet multiplier
« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2015, 10:01 »
Let's not forget that the trigger's action is applied to every matching selection. If there are 7 of them, and your trigger action adds something to a variable, this will be executed 7 times. Might be a clue. So set the Selections to "First Matching Selection".
Thank you Oxa, I was already thinking it had something to do with the number of settled markets, but wasn't sure.
EDIT:
Tested and works!

On another note, good job on the site, it looks slick!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE