Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Chris McNamara on 10 Feb 2018
  • Hi all,

I want to run a number of different trigger files on a single live account using multiple instances of MFP.

Is there any general best practice or commands to stop the triggers interfering with each other?

For example I have one backing strategy, and one back-and-greenup. How can I stop the greening up strategy from closing out the liability on the backing strategy?

Cheers!
  • #2 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 26 Feb 2018
  • Hello!

Sorry for the late response.

Unfortunately, there is no way for the triggers to not interfere with each other, so using different staking plans on the same real-money account is strictly advised against.
  • #3 by mcbee on 26 Feb 2018
  • hi
    sorry to jump in , but if you have 2 systems , you can use the triggers to only accept that another trigger bets on , but we would need to see your triggers and you will have to use the make me a trigger to request a new trigger.

mcbee

• #4 by Chris McNamara on 18 Sep 2018
  • Another potential workaround I considered is to use different instances of the program

• One to write the selections of any given strategy to a txt file, and tag each with the relevant strategy using the imported_1 etc operator
    • Another with all selections disabled by default which executes the bets and manages the staking, by using different triggers per strategy that is each conditional upon the presence of a specific imported_ value.
  • #5 by Chris McNamara on 24 Sep 2018
  • Another potential workaround I considered is to use different instances of the program

• One to write the selections of any given strategy to a txt file, and tag each with the relevant strategy using the imported_1 etc operator
    • Another with all selections disabled by default which executes the bets and manages the staking, by using different triggers per strategy that is each conditional upon the presence of a specific imported_ value.

On which point, I believe there may be a slight bug in the Import Selections For Auto Trading function. I'm using a trigger to write a long list of selections to the .txt file that another instance of the program is importing from. I'm then using Dropbox to manually delete selections that I don't want to bet on, so that this is sync'd with the machine running MFP. 

Quite often, even though the trigger is set to refresh the file every 5 seconds, it's not picking up the changes - particularly on Day 2+. The manual refresh button has no effect either. However, if I manually re-import the file by re-defining the filepath (to the same file) then the selections are imported no problem
  • #6 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 26 Sep 2018
  • Hello!

Quite often, even though the trigger is set to refresh the file every 5 seconds,

By this, do you mean you set the Import function to reimport the file every 5 sec (see the screenshot attached)?
  • #7 by Chris McNamara on 27 Sep 2018
  • That's correct Oxa, yes.
  • #8 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 11 Oct 2018
  • I will be testing MF Pro to see if I can reproduce and fix this problem. Thank you for reporting it.
Pages:
Actions