Author Topic: Newbie Question  (Read 7531 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Newbie Question
« on: 19 Nov 2013, 01:33 »
Hi. Sorry if this is a stupid simple question but I've been trying with limited success for quite a while now.
How would I create a trigger to automatically place a lay bet at one tick less than the current back price when an unmatched back bet is eventually matched? This would be used on the correct score market of soccer.
Any help would be most appreciated.

• Élite
Re: Newbie Question
« Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2013, 07:15 »
hi
you would use r_ticks(back_price,-1) in the price box.
i have included a trigger for you so that you can see and learn how it is done.
in the constants you can set
bet amount
selections rank (favourite position)
minutes before the start time to place the bet
amount of ticks less than the back price for the lay bet

please use test mode until you are happy with your settings

mcbee

download the trigger below
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 19 Nov 2013, 08:51 »
Thank you very much  :)

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2014, 11:07 »
Hello. I haven't worked with MF Pro triggers yet and I am still using the free trial and acquainting the tutorial. Many many things are not very clear and will use this topic to ask all I need not to flood the forum with topics.

In continuation of the first question in the topic - when I want to trade on any correct score how do I choose it when I start a new block?

Another thing I don't understand - from Tutorial "10.4.Programming your first staking plan" when we make trigger to martingale lay of the favorite and starting the blocks with the bet sizes after win and loss, why we choose Market Status: Settled? Isn't settled market this one that's already closed?

« Reply #4 on: 23 Jul 2014, 21:40 »

when I want to trade on any correct score how do I choose it when I start a new block?
Hi
You can set a condition to choose the selection's index. For example 1 - 0:
and selections index is equal to 5
or
You can set a condition to choose the selection's name. For example 1 - 0:
and selections name contains "1 - 0"
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

« Reply #5 on: 23 Jul 2014, 21:48 »
Another thing I don't understand - from Tutorial "10.4.Programming your first staking plan" when we make trigger to martingale lay of the favorite and starting the blocks with the bet sizes after win and loss, why we choose Market Status: Settled? Isn't settled market this one that's already closed?
Hi
In that example in the manual, we need to determine if the market's P/L is negative in order to apply the martingale. The market status needs to be Settled for the following condition to return a value:
markets settled P/L is less than 0

if the settled P/L is less than 0, the bet size will become current_bet*2
if the settled P/L is not less than 0, the bet size will remain as current_bet
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 25 Jul 2014, 03:25 »
What is the logic of putting triggers/blocks/actions? What is the difference among them? If I want to make 2 bets in the same time I set 2 blocks for them or 2 actions? If I want a sequence of actions (the second to be triggered after the first is matched) I do some triggers in one block? How to set this to be repeating? If there is anything written on this you can just give me link or direct me to for saving your time...

« Reply #7 on: 25 Jul 2014, 07:50 »
Hi
Yes, MarketFeeder does have a learning curve.

Best place for reference is the manual / help file and to download and open up some example triggers http://marketfeeder.co.uk/solutions/ and see how they work.

Here is an article on repeating triggers:
http://blog.marketfeeder.co.uk/blog-eng/54-how-to-repeat-actions-in-the-same-market.html

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 25 Jul 2014, 23:48 »

Just finished with the example for repeating trigger and it remind me another thing that already paid my attention. The trigger makes bet (back or lay) and we expect the bot to green it up, but why nothing appears in the field for unmatched bets? (It will be more convenient for me to know what bets are waiting to green the market up and if I want to be able to change odd or to change the status for going in play..)

• Élite
« Reply #9 on: 26 Jul 2014, 06:35 »
hi
there are 2 types of greening
green up = place the green bet when the price is correct
attempt to green up = place a green bet ready to be matched

so all you have to do is change the green up to attempt to green

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 27 Jul 2014, 01:02 »
Some commands like this: "r_ticks(lay_price, -2)", are not included in the formula builder. Can all commands be found somewhere?

What is the sequence of execution of the triggers in one block (going up and down) as I think I saw somewhere 1st trigger on top with the following going under, and somewhere with the initial trigger in the bottom and the rest above? So, it doesn't matter?

• Élite
« Reply #11 on: 27 Jul 2014, 14:25 »
hi
there are variables in the yellow question mark at the top right of the bot screen.
press search and type   selection variable, press list topics.
then select      selection variable
you can find most by searching.

the triggers only need to be in the correct sequence if you are running staking plans etc, that need the previous triggers information for calculations.

mcbee

• All members
« Reply #12 on: 27 Jul 2014, 16:49 »
I am getting such encouraged  :(.. Don't understand so many things and more and more questions coming...  Will keep reading the blogs and the forum but probably will ask someone to do what I need. Just need more information on pricing for developing service:

marketfeeder.co.uk/solutions/trigger-prices

1. If I correctly understand - if I buy licence for MF Pro for 1 month I will be able to ask for 2 triggers for free?
2. If I need a third one - I will have to pay the every month licence + 6 pounds every month?
3. Does it matter complexity of the triggers?
4. When I get the triggers will I be able to look and change in the settings or the triggers will be locked?

And one more question: When I create a list of markets in MF Pro, can I use different trigger for each of them or I have to load the MF Pro as many times as the triggers I want to trade with are and load the respective markets on?

• All members
« Reply #13 on: 27 Jul 2014, 18:37 »
Just realized that a trigger with 1 block containing 3 triggers is counted for 3 triggers (3x6 pounds or 2 free and 1 paid))?

• Élite
« Reply #14 on: 27 Jul 2014, 22:05 »
hi
NO, a trigger is what ever your system requires,BUT if it is very complicated, then there should be extra charges and be private for your use only.

mcbee

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE