Author Topic: Set trigger to win £x amount when placing back bet?  (Read 14249 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Is there a way to make the trigger place a back bet and, adjust the stake to win a set amount according to the price?

Thanks.

Re: Set trigger to win £x amount when placing back bet?
« Reply #1 on: 01 Aug 2023, 14:52 »
Hi
in the amount field use:
target profit / (back price -1)
e.g. 10/(back_price -1)

if you want to take into account commission:
(10/(1-commission))/(back_price-1)
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 01 Aug 2023, 18:04 »
OK, so in the first example, if the price was 4.0, then the mequation is 10/(4-1)
Which equals 3.33.

However, the second string has me confused ...  so, (10/ (1-2.5))/(4.0-1)?
How does that place extra stake to offset the 2.5 end deduction?

Thanks.

« Reply #3 on: 02 Aug 2023, 06:40 »
Hi
The market variable "commission" returns your Betfair account commission rate divided by 100.
(10/(1-0.025))/(4.0-1) = 3.42
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 02 Aug 2023, 11:00 »
The commission is a fixed 2.5%, and not variable, so if you win 10.00, you get 9.75.  My question was how to adjust the stke upwards in order to allow for this and therefore get at least 10.00 return ...

« Reply #5 on: 02 Aug 2023, 13:42 »
Hi
Betfair commission rate varies according to country, discount package etc. The software has a built-in variable to detect your commission rate linked to your Betfair username. In your case it is 2.5% and the variable will return 0.025.

if you copy this formula:
Code: [Select]
(10/(1-commission))/(back_price-1)and paste it into the amount field in the backing trigger, it will automatically bet the correct amount to return 10.00 after commission.

Please see attached screenshots on a historical market showing statement after commission. In this example the commission rate is 5%    

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 02 Aug 2023, 13:48 »
Thanks Mark - I need to study this so I understand it properly.  I thought that exchange games commission was 2.5% worldwide; never considered any alternatives existed ...

Thanks.

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 10 Aug 2023, 15:45 »
OK, I have come back to look at this again and realised that the discussion is based on a back bet.  Oops.

I wanted it to calculate a lay bet amout to;
1. Return 10.00 after 2.5% commission on win bets
2. To place lay bets after a loss where the amount is the lay_size + last_lost with a stake adjustment to still generate 10.00 on the next winning bet

The problem occurs when there have been a string of losing bets as, when you finally get a winning bet, the commission is now larger (on the inflated winning amount) that you get less than the target 10.00.

Hope that makes sense.  I could probably just add 0.50 after each loser perhaps ...

• All members
« Reply #8 on: 10 Aug 2023, 17:44 »
Sorry - got myself confused.  Different scenario.

« Reply #9 on: 11 Aug 2023, 07:30 »
To place lay bets after a loss where the amount is the lay_size + last_lost with a stake adjustment to still generate 10.00 on the next winning bet

Hi
For lay bet with last_lost to return 10.00 after commission use:
(10+last_lost)/(1-commission)
Please test in test mode.

• All members
« Reply #10 on: 16 Aug 2023, 19:29 »
That seemed to work, thanks.

I made the command;

(lay_size + last_lost) / 0.975

where LS = 10.00, LL = x, and commission is 2.5%

Generates 10.00 pretty much to the penny.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE