Author Topic: [TR] Trigger for baseball (MLB)  (Read 2528 times)

Tags:
  • All members
[TR] Trigger for baseball (MLB)
« on: 18 Aug 2016, 06:11 »
Hello,
I started the free frial and would love to subscribe to marketfeeder but I don't understand how to create the trigger that will automate my betting: when an inning (W) is completed, I want to back the initial underdog (ie: when the game starts) if it leads by (X) point and if its moneyline is over (Y). The value of (Y) can be found in the table: number of inning completed (W) vs score difference (X). I will provide this table made of 8 columns/innings and 5 rows/score_diff.
Example: If Team A started the game as underdog (Moneyline at start of game = +150) and when inning #2 is completed, it leads by 1 point, then check if its moneyline is > -380. If so, bet on Team A.
I would appreciate your help.
Thank you
Lama

• All members
Re: Trigger for baseball (MLB)
« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2016, 02:18 »
Hello again,

I realize that my trigger may be too complex to write and that there may not even be the possiblity to know the current score or inning. So here is a much simpler way to create a similar effect:
For Team A, IF SP> 2 AND IF within 60 minutes of the game, the odds for Team A suddenly drop by 50% or more AND IF odds are between or equal to 1.5 and 2, THEN bet $1 OR IF odds are more than 2.05 THEN bet $2. IF one bet was placed on Team A then don't bet anymore on Team A.

I hope you can help me write this trigger so I can buy your program.

Thank you

Lama

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2016, 07:00 »
Hello!

Please don't forget to complete your trigger request so that we could start working on it.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2016, 05:36 »
I posted on the page that was given to me to post my requested. Is it not the correct place?

Here is my formula in a simpler format:

In the MLB market, IF odds for any team in play suddenly drop by at least 49% (= Team A scored) AND IF odds are between or equal to X and Y THEN bet $A, OR IF odds are between or equal to X and Y THEN bet $B. IF one bet was placed on Team XYZ then don't bet anymore on Team XYZ in this game.

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2016, 06:07 »
Also, I would appreciate if you could guide me on how to use this trigger so it works automatically in the MLB market. Or will it require any kind of intervention from me?
Thanks!

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2016, 19:18 »
Hello!

I am looking at your trigger request, and I have something that I need clarified please, especially since I am not a pro in baseball rules.

How do you know, just by looking at a BetFair market, that:
- an inning is completed;
- a team leads by X points;
- Moneyline at start of game = +150 (is 150 the odds here?).

Are you getting the scores and in-play data somewhere else, because BetFair does not provide baseball scores through its API (the interface we use to query BF for data).

I think I understand what you need with the simpler version:

In the MLB market, IF odds for any team in play suddenly drop by at least 49% (= Team A scored) AND IF odds are between or equal to X and Y THEN bet $A, OR IF odds are between or equal to X and Y THEN bet $B. IF one bet was placed on Team XYZ then don't bet anymore on Team XYZ in this game.

But I am somewhat confused by what I asked above.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 01 Sep 2016, 05:27 »
Hello,

Thanks a lot for having a look at my trigger.

To answer your questions about how I know, just by looking at a BetFair market, that:
- an inning is completed;
As for the score, I thought it was possible to get that information from Betfair  :-\ Since it is not the case, it could perhaps be guessed because during the 2-minute pause between each inning, there are very few bets placed. Anyway, the simpler trigger I wrote does not consider innings anymore.
- a team leads by X points;
This could be given by the odds difference between the 2 teams. As given in the last formula, we can guess that a team scores one point when its odds suddenly drop by 50%.
- Moneyline at start of game = +150 (is 150 the odds here?).
Yes moneyline represents the odds for American sports. A moneyline of 100 means an odd of 2 and 150 means 2.5 while -150 means 1.67

So given that we can only see the Betfair market, and to make is as general as possible so it can be tested, here is the trigger that I would need:

In the MLB market, IF within M minutes after the game starts AND IF odds for any team in play suddenly drop by D% or more AND IF odds for said team are between or equal to X and Y THEN bet $A, OR IF odds are between or equal to X and Y THEN bet $B. IF one bet was placed on Team XYZ then don't bet anymore on Team XYZ in this game.

I hope you can guide me on how to set the trigger in your software and place bets automatically on all MLB games that are in play.

Thank you

Lama

• All members
« Reply #7 on: 01 Sep 2016, 05:39 »
Sorry, I forgot to mention that when I mean "bet" on team XYZ, I mean "back". However, ideally, if there are no odds to be backed, then I would want to lay the opposite team for a fixed price of P (with a +/- M% margin).
Thanks

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 01 Sep 2016, 13:20 »
if there are no odds to be backed, then I would want to lay the opposite team for a fixed price of P (with a +/- M% margin).

If there are no odds to be backed, then it is impossible to apply this criterion:

AND IF odds for said team are between or equal to X and Y

Please take a look at the triggers attached. I have added a number of constants for you to adjust your triggers. The triggers will be applied to Moneyline markets.
You can use Market Locator to add baseball markets in bulk (please see the attached Locator template).

Make sure you have tested the triggers in Test Mode.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
Re: [TR] Trigger for baseball (MLB)
« Reply #9 on: 10 Sep 2016, 19:27 »
Thank you so much OXA for the trigger: your help is very valuable and you definitely won me over buying your software before any other.
I took time to reply because I wanted to test the trigger and make sure I understood more of the software.
It turns out that my strategy based on backing the team which scores first is impossible since there is no way to know when the score changes in the MLB market. I thought that a sudden 50% drop in price for a team would let me know when it scored. This is true for typical betting websites but I learned that it does not apply in Betfair as the prices do continuous sharp up and down movements, which seems to indicate punters are playing outside of the game logic.
Overall, I am stuck and can't use MarketFeeder for now unless someone in this forum give me a solution to know when a point is scored in Baseball, Basketball or American Football.
Thanks in advance
Lama

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE