Author Topic: Trigger request  (Read 2944 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Trigger request
« on: 27 May 2023, 08:52 »
Hi,

My trigger request is this: I create a rating for a horse. I would like to lay either the third or fourth favourite only if their rating is the lowest of the top four rank horses.

So if the top four have ratings of 1,2,3,4 no lay but 2,3,1,4 lay the third fav.

Many thanks

• Administrator
Re: Trigger request
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jun 2023, 12:49 »
Hello!

Apologies for the delay in our response due to being out for a few days.

If you rate horses according to your own criteria, you will need to compile a list of horses with their ratings in a text file and import that file into MarketFeeder Pro. Here's what you need to do:

1. Make a text file where each horse's name is on a separate line, with a Tab character after the name and the rating number next to it. Put the keyword #all_active# on the last line of the file. See an example of the import file attached. Note: if you do not include a horse in the import file, the triggers will never lay against it.
2. Load all the race markets in which you intend to place bets.
3. Follow the instructions in this video to import the selections with ratings from your text file.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zNhSl5ypn0
4. Use the triggers attached.

Use the constants inside the file to adjust the trigger settings.

Make sure you've tested the triggers in Test Mode before you switch to real money. I recommend testing triggers in Time Machine, as you can run your strategy by multiple markets in minutes, and the data is very cheap. 

If you'd like to make any changes to the original trigger description, please make a new trigger request.

If the triggers do not meet your original requirements, please reopen this request by clicking "Flag it as Incomplete".
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jun 2023, 14:28 »
Thanks for this though it's not quite right. I would like the horse to be laid to be the lowest ranked of the top four favourites if it's the 3rd or fourth favourite.

As an example

HorseMy ratingFav
So, I would lay horse number four however if 
HorseMy ratingFav

then lay 6 and if

no lay.

Hope this helps to clarify things,

Many thanks,

Chris

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 03 Jul 2023, 08:49 »
When is this going to be looked at please?

It has been over a month, it seems stuck at 11 other triggers before me for ever!!

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2023, 22:07 »
Hello!

The triggers I originally attached do just that:

1. They check whether the rating in the import file is > 0.
2. They pick the horse with the minimum rating.
3. They lay on that horse if its rank is between 3 and 4.

That is exactly the logic that is programmed into the triggers.

If you are getting different results, please make sure that you have the keyword #all_active# at the bottom of the import file. If you are still getting different results, please provide some evidence, e.g. a screenshot with the bets placed on the wrong selections along with the import file.
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 03 Aug 2023, 08:22 »
Sorry that is not what I want.

I want to select a runner only if it is the minimum out of the top four. I want to lay the third or fourth runner if it has the lowest rating of the top four runners.

So it is possible that out of the field of runners the lowest rated runner is not in the top four ranked runners but I would still have a selection.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE