Author Topic: market trigger expression  (Read 2006 times)

Tags:
  • All members
market trigger expression
« on: 23 Aug 2018, 15:47 »
Hi,

Can somebody help me to form the correct condition in my trigger...

I have a trade setup, where I am laying a number of selections, at 1 tick below the current, and backing (greening) out, 3 ticks above.

I would like to have a condition such that there is a maximum of 3 lay bets, either matched or unmached.

I wanted to use something like this...

Market's Trigger Expression  --> (market_ulnum + market_mlnum) less than or equal to 3

But it is not possible to do that, as there is no option for Market's trigger expression. I can look to achieve the above, using
s_1_bm_laynum + s_1_bu_laynum +
s_2_bm_laynum + s_2_bu_laynum +
s_3_bm_laynum + s_3_bu_laynum +
s_4_bm_laynum + s_4_bu_laynum +

etc etc

But I am sure there is a better way, that I am missing...

Can anybody help?

I can see that I have the options to use Market's number of matched lay bets, but I can't combine it with Market's number of unmatched lay bets.

My thought processes are saying use Selections Trigger Expression market_ulnum + market_mlnum <= 3, but these are market variables, and not a selection variables?

Thanks

Mark.

• Élite
Re: market trigger expression
« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2018, 17:04 »
hi
and selections trigger expression market_mlnum+market_ulnum is less than 3

so if there are 2 it will allow 1 more , but if you have is equal or less than 3 it will allow 4

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 23 Aug 2018, 21:46 »
hi mcbee,

Thanks for the response.

The idea is, I don't want more than 3 bets in the same race. 2 is fine, 1 is fine, but 3 is the MAX. The min number of runners is 7, and after watching for some time, I have found a way to allow bets to be layed, once the price has been rising. The detail is not important, as this part is working perfectly, UNTIL I saw a race which had 5 bets placed, as the criteria used was satisfied in all 5. The problem I have is that I don't want more than 3 bets.

I think I have the logic correct in using    (matched count + unmatched count) <= 3

Also, given that one of my 'try-out' triggers, is that I will ask for 1 tick below, and the criteria are satisfied, it will ask for 1 tick below lay_price, which will give me an unmatched lay bet, and potentially at some point, this bet will get matched. Whilst this is going on, I may have achieved another matched bet, so I will have 2 matched bets, and if another is placed, and it is unmatched, then market_mlnum = 2, and market_ulnum = 1, and as such, there cannot be any more bets placed, as the sum of market_mlnum + market_ulnum = 3

BUT, I want to check that the matched bets AND the unmatched bets, are no more than 3, so, say 1 matched and 2 waiting to be matched, or any combination, as long as the sum total of bets les than or equal to 3.

Which gave me the thought of using (market_ulnum + market_mlnum) is less than or equal to 3, where the sum of these 2 values will give me the total bets, be that matched or unmatched, which is why I used the above.

The unfortunate thing is, I don't know how to get the number of ALL bets, and use it in a conditions.

I am sorry that I am quite verbose, but I think its a simple requirement I am asking for, but I just am not sure how to achieve it.

Thanks for any help

Mark.

• All members
« Reply #3 on: 23 Aug 2018, 21:49 »
ahhhhh!!! fool!!

mcbee, I have just twigged what you meant

DOH! sorry

yes, you are correct, so < 3 means allowing 1 more bet. Thank you for correcting my schoolboy error.

I am still stuck on how to achieve it because I can't combine (market_ulnum + market_mlnum) < 3, in any part of the trigger conditions.

Thanks

Mark.

• Élite
« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug 2018, 22:32 »
hi
and selections trigger expression market_mlnum+market_ulnum is less than 3

can be added to your conditions , it is not for the selection but for the markets number of lay bets matched and unmatched .

mcbee
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 23 Aug 2018, 23:44 »
Thank you mcbee,

Mark.

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 23 Aug 2018, 23:52 »
I think to expand on this, I would say that my lack of understanding had led me to assume that I NEEDED to use a MARKET'S variable, because I wanted to get all of the markets lay bets, and so, I couldn't consider using a Selection's trigger expression, because this was based on a selection, and not the whole market.

mcbee, you have cleared that up for me now, which will now enable me to think more laterally in my development.

Apologies again for the <= 3 mistake! As a senior developer, I really should be sticking my head in a vice, until the stupid parts get squeezed out, and at this rate, sadly, I may not have much left!

Thanks

Mark.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE