Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by benko on 04 Jul 2018
  • A Search has been done but I am still unsure in the following situation:

In Test money mode all back and lay bets are made and after a series of wagers we can estimate the ROI.

However in Real money mode I can envisage situations where the back or lay bet is only partially matched.

In my trigger I set a minimum bet size as (5 plus some % of bank) to allow for the $5 minimum stake for Oz racing to ensure I comply.

Also, bets are only triggered if there is at least 40k traded and after the advertised start time to ensure there should be a reasonable amount of liquidity available.

The price taken is whatever is currently on offer.

There still could be situations where the full bet is not made.

Questions:

Does this mean that MFPro will not fire unless the full bet can be accepted or will the program try to match as much as possible?

If the latter, what happens to any unmatched portion of the bet?

Is it abandoned, or retained and matched later if possible even if this portion is below the minimum bet size?

Can my trigger be set to keep trying to match this residual amount?

Thanks for any advice!

• #2 by MarkV on 04 Jul 2018
  • Hi
    Check the market information (I) button towards top left of market screen for specific info.

If the markets you are trading in will be turned in-play:
    If you have chosen Cancel unmatched bets at in-play (default setting), any unmatched bets will automatically be cancelled
    If you have chosen Keep, unmatched bets will be kept in-play waiting to be matched including portions below minimum
    If you have chosen Take SP, your full bet amount will be matched at BSP

If the market does not go in-play, the market will be suspended at the off with all unmatched bets cancelled.

matching bets 
  • #3 by benko on 04 Jul 2018
  • Thanks MarkV, your help is much appreciated!

Is it possible for any unmatched portion of a bet to be made at BSP at the off?
  • #4 by MarkV on 04 Jul 2018
  • Hi
    yes, in your trigger dropdown for what to do with unmatched bets at in-play choose Take SP (screenshot) 
  • #5 by benko on 05 Jul 2018
  • Thanks MarkV, Excellent!
Pages:
Actions