Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by tupp on 22 Feb 2015
  • My MFP software is eating memory, I have not noticed it before. My triggers have no logs enabled and I am running version 8.0.0.12.
  • #2 by tupp on 23 Feb 2015
  • I have downloaded the latest version 8.0015. I have been running it sins this morning and the used physical memory has more then been doubled within 3 hours.

I know X-feeder eats memory but I have never noticed MFP have done it - maybe there is some "debugging logs" which have been forgotten?
  • #3 by COLING on 23 Feb 2015
  • I had to turn my trigger off that was monitoring markets every second with a remember command, it was just eating memory and would last an hour before I was out of memory, I think the simpler the trigger the better. Colin
  • #4 by tupp on 23 Feb 2015
  • The used physical memory have now increased by a factor of 10 in only 12 hour?
  • #5 by tupp on 24 Feb 2015
  • I have now upgraded the server with extra RAM-memory and hopefully this will give me margins to run the software for several day without restarting.

• #6 by mcbee on 26 Feb 2015
  • hi
    is your trigger very complicated.

mcbee
  • #7 by tupp on 26 Feb 2015
  • mcbee, I would say it's not so complicated. I ran the markets with a refresh rate of 1s before the start. I have a VPS (server) and I've added another 1G RAM.That extra RAM will give me an extra day.

I am running 2 instances but I've never noticed that MFP need so much memory before. What's your experience? don't you think 1GB per day sounds a bit high?
  • #8 by pcal72 on 26 Feb 2015
  • Hi tupp

Atm i have 3 instances over more than 7 days and all trigger files are more than 200kb, and i will not need reload nothing in next days for sure.

But, have all bots run 2 triggers at 10 secs and 1 trigger at 1 sec, and all logs turned off.

Im in a VPS whith 1 GB RAM.

Maybe this help you to see if are ok you performance, i really dont know.

Chears
    pcal72
  • #9 by tupp on 27 Feb 2015
  • Pcal72 thanks for your info, I am now having 2GB RAM installed. My two instances have now been running for 24 hour and together they allocate 1GB for now. I wonder if it could be that I am having a refresh of 1s.

I suppose if I would have a refresh of 10 s then the allocated memory would only be 1/10 of todays value?
  • #10 by pcal72 on 27 Feb 2015
  • Hi Tupp

Ya maybe, in fact i havent that increase of memory / day.
    It really growh in a few days but then it keeps stable.

I also assume i turn off bots almost all weeks at least one time, just to be sure all will run perfectly, and that can be the cause, but certanly whith 2 gb of Ram you will be ok.

Only one thing: I have VPS with SSD Drive, that also improve my overall performance.

Chears
    pcal72
  • #11 by tupp on 27 Feb 2015
  • Ok, I try to not restart today and I'll see what happen.

I will think of upgrading to SSD - but every change costs extra  :(
  • #12 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 27 Feb 2015
  • Hi Tupp,

You can send your trigger file as well as settings to the support, we'll take a look at the possible reasons of the memory build-up.
  • #13 by tupp on 28 Feb 2015
  • Oxa Thanks, I found that I got some markets who where suspended but still refreshed -I've now corrected that and hopefully that will reduce the use of memory.
Pages:
Actions