Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by LarpHager on 02 Sep 2015
  • Hi,

On test mode, I need to start refreshing the next loaded market when/only if the previous market is settled.

Is there a way to do this using a trigger?

Thanks
    Larp
    • LarpHager
  • #2 by racepro on 02 Sep 2015
  • Hi Larp,
    I don't think you need a trigger to do this.
    Markets if loaded start refreshing from the time it starts monitoring.
    The only problem I see is when the race times are 5 minutes apart or lengthy steward enquiries. In which case settlement takes a bit longer.
    R
  • #3 by MarkV on 02 Sep 2015
  • Hi Larp
    To add to racepro's post, a market needs to be refreshing for a trigger to execute, but you can control the refresh rate though triggers, and I think that might do what you need.
    Say your default idle refresh is say 30 or 45 secs

Trigger action:
    set market's idle refresh to 1
    your conditions....
    AND
        trigger <name of this trigger> number of runs is equal to 0 overall
        or previous triggered events status is settled

• #4 by LarpHager on 04 Sep 2015
  • Hi,

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I need the next market to start refreshing immediately that the previous/current market is settled. This is something I think is useful on test mode, that could also be useful on real mode.

I will write a topic on the suggestions page and perhaps it could be looked at.

I need the trigger to link into the Settings and alter the "Market Refresh: Start Monitoring events at" section. The trigger can then identify how long it is until the next market is due and change the setting to that time gap, hence kick-starting its monitoring.

At least thats how I see it. I will write it up properly and post it when I get a chance.

Thanks
    Larp
    • LarpHager
Pages:
Actions