Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by markoone11 on 02 Sep 2015
  • Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a selections file, with hopefully some extra parameters/arguments such that alongside the horses name, I can also put in a stake multiplier, so, for example

02/09/2015   15:20   BATH   JAGANORY
    02/09/2015   15:20   BATH   BABYFACT
    02/09/2015   15:20   BATH   HENRYHUDSONBRIDGE
    02/09/2015   15:20   BATH   SPELLMAKER

The first one, JAGANORY, I want to bet 0.5 units
    The second one BABYFACT, I want to bet 1.5 units
    the third one HENRYHUDSONBRIDGE, I want to bet 3 units
    the 4th one,  SPELLMAKER, I want to bet 5 units

The unit stake could be anything, 10p, £2, £10, etc

I am pretty sure MFP has the capability to do what I want it to, but I would rather not setup for example 4 separate profiles to make a single bet at the set staking level for each of the 4 horses above, I am sure it can be done in a single profile?

Is this possible?

Thanks

Mark.
  • #2 by MarkV on 02 Sep 2015
  • Hi
    Yes, please see manual "Import selections for auto-trading" under Auto-Trading.
    and here is an article on how to do it:
    http://marketfeederpro.com/learn/articles/automating-betting-tips/

in your case you would use the imported_ variable in a formula for the amount field.
  • #3 by markoone11 on 02 Sep 2015
  • Hi MarkV,

Thanks for the response.

Looking at the automated betting tips url, I can see that it is required to use "Import Selections For Auto Trading".

Is it possible to do things as I do them now, and just have a selections file location contained inside the trigger - Like

AND Selection's Name is in file "C:\selections\horses.txt"

if I use the instructions within the url to setup, will it still recognise the imported_1 variable?

Thanks

Mark.

Hi
    Yes, please see manual "Import selections for auto-trading" under Auto-Trading.
    and here is an article on how to do it:
    http://marketfeederpro.com/learn/articles/automating-betting-tips/

in your case you would use the imported_ variable in a formula for the amount field.

• #4 by MarkV on 02 Sep 2015
  • Hi
    I could be wrong but I don't think you can do that. You would need to import the selections file into the program to make use of the imported_x variables. I believe from version 8.1.1.1 the "is in file" operator allows variables in the file, but I cant see how that can help you because you need at least 2 pieces of linked data for what you want to do.  
  • #5 by markoone11 on 02 Sep 2015
  • The main reason I asked this is because when I use this option in the trigger to use a file, it also allows me to tick that I want it to reread the file - so if something changes, which does happen sometimes quite often, I want the ability to reload the selections.

Using this approach, will I lose that ability?

thanks.
  • #6 by MarkV on 02 Sep 2015
  • Hi
    I'm afraid yes.
    importing selection names and related values is not an automated process.

I think the only other "automated" way would be more complex and have an Excel sheet containing the selection names and price values, using the Excel link to MFP and Excel-bound variables in the trigger. This would still require a "manual" connection to Excel when starting the program.
  • #7 by markoone11 on 02 Sep 2015
  • Hi Mark,

thanks. Its quite a limitation that one. I really wouldn't know how to do the excel route, I have really only just begun in my use and programming MFP, so I maybe need to get a bit more knowledge before attempting that one, but thanks for the suggestion

Mark.
Pages:
Actions