Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Triggered betting / Statement
« Last post by fonecorp on 18 May 2024, 23:43 »
Hi Mark

In the Statement there is a 'Total profit/loss' figure (bottom LHS) for each day which is selectable by using the day arrows (top RHS). Is it possible to access this 'Total profit/loss' figure for each day using  current variables or if not a new variable?

For example a new variable such as daily_pl_0 giving todays progressive profit/loss (19/05/24) or daily_pl_-3 giving the full days profit/loss for the day 3 days ago (16/05/24)

Regards
Paul Fone
Triggered betting / Re: Write selected data to Excel sheet
« Last post by MarkV on 18 May 2024, 16:09 »
Hi bobh
Please see the attached trigger. It will produce output like in the screenshot. You need to create a worksheet called soccer_sheet or you can specify the sheet name in the constant.

The trigger collects price data as soon as the market turns in-play and then writes this data and winner name as soon as the market is settled. For the price variables I have used last_last_traded which is the very last traded price recorded before the market turns in-play.   
« Last post by bobh on 18 May 2024, 10:37 »
Sorry for the delay Mark - time difference again.

I acknowledge your comments about resource useage, and I also confirm that I have been using the "write to excel trigger" (including live results) on horse racing for many years with just the occasional problem.

So if it is at all possible, I would like to try my excel request please.

Thanks again,

bobh

Triggered betting / Re: Selections p/l after event is settled
« Last post by MarkV on 18 May 2024, 07:29 »
Hi
In the Betting Options settings there is a setting to ignore all bets except those in the current profile. This works well for bets that have not yet been settled, but after a market has been settled it's bets will be added to the statement which includes all bets from all sources. See the description for this setting in the help file for more info.    
Triggered betting / Re: most_traded_price in-play only
« Last post by soylolo on 18 May 2024, 07:04 »
Ahh ok. I thought it was a calculation from marketfeeder
Triggered betting / Re: Selections p/l after event is settled
« Last post by djmotion on 18 May 2024, 02:24 »
Hi
Not tested this but if you are backing in win markets, the selection who's lay price is 1.01 is the potential winner, all other selections with back bets are potential losers.

so 2 triggers:

1st trigger as above, first matching selection, condition: selections lay price is equal to 1.01

2nd trigger sets a user variable individually per selection value: -back_matched
all matching selections
conditions:
trigger 1st trigger number of runs in the market is greater than 0
and selections back matched is greater than 0
and selections back price is equal or greater than greater than 1.01

this records the winners profit and assumes the liability for the others as a loss

I don't think this is watertight because a lay price of 1.01 can still be overturned, or the market could be reopened after suspension etc. and also it does not take into account commission on the winning bets.
Hi, I'll keep this in mind for future strategies. just another question. If I have multiple instances running different strategies on the same event. Would each instance show the p/l for each selection on every instance or only on the instance with that specific strategy? I've just back tested the strategy I'm currently using and it only seems effective on the favourite so I won't be using this strategy on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th faves as planned so I can use market profit/loss for the strategy but I may run other strategies alongside it on the same event so would these instances interfere with each other by showing the selection p/l from all strategies?
Troubleshooting / Re: Need help - Write to a file
« Last post by joaofrancisco on 17 May 2024, 20:26 »
I already made it.. It´s the parameter [lay_matched]
Troubleshooting / Re: Need help - Write to a file
« Last post by joaofrancisco on 17 May 2024, 19:42 »
Thanks MarkV... 

It worked but that is only one thing that is not right. It doesn´t put the stake. I have the parameter [lay_sptotal] but it seems not working. Maybe it´s not the right parameter.

MarketName,SelectionName,SP,Stake
"17/05/2024","Horse Racing / IRE / Leopardstown 17th May / 18:40 Leopardstown 17th May - 1m4f Hcap - 1m4f Hcap","Rotolo",6.57,0.00
Triggered betting / Re: most_traded_price in-play only
« Last post by MarkV on 17 May 2024, 18:46 »
Hi
I don't think this would be possible to do because you would need to monitor traded volume for every price tick and then sort them lowest to highest. most_traded_price data is provided directly by Betfair.    
« Last post by MarkV on 17 May 2024, 18:26 »
Hello, I have just noticed this topic and the replies, where a solution was offered by writing to a CSV file. Can I ask if a solution could be provided for writing to an Excel spreadsheet with the details across the page, not down? There is a sample trigger provided (in Features/Triggers/Excel) for horse racing for feeding prices into Excel, but I am having trouble working out what needs to be altered in the "Initialise sheet" and or/ "Initialise the variables" to feed the details across the page rather than down. I am interested in doing this for soccer games with an example below: Match Details Home Team MO Back Price Away Team MO Back Price MO Draw Price Winner (when known). EPL etc Liverpool $1.80 Tottenham $2.50 $4.00 Home Is this possible? Thanks in advance, bobh
Hi bobh
Please can you confirm you definitely want to write this data directly from MFP to Excel using the connection link to Excel? The reason I ask is because the Excel link is known to be unreliable and consumes a lot of system resource. The preferred and efficient method is to write to a csv text file which can be opened in Excel. If you let me know which one you want to use I'll have a look at this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE