Author Topic: How do I change default lay to £2 if channel_trend < -0.6  (Read 5426 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi,

I have a basic trigger that goes through waves of profit and loss. It is based on a £500 bank. What I want to do is to use £2 stakes when channel_trend is less than a certain amount, and when it goes above that amount again, to go back to the original stake.

My original stake was calculated from a formula I found here:

IF(test_mode=1, test_funds, real_funds)*0.1/(lay_price - 1)

My proposed trigger says this:

set default lay amount to 2 if conditions are met

The problem is that every time I try to set conditions I get an error message:

List index out of bounds (0)

Any help?

• All members
I think I am getting error messages from my installation?

I am running Windows 7 64bit. I have tried many compatibility things but I still get that error message. Am I forming my conditions correctly?

Trigger Expresstion channel_trend is less than -0.6

Every time I try to do that I get an error. I get many errors all round really.

• All members
I have never seen that error, or any other errors for that matter.
I hope it has nothing to do with Windows 7 64-bit.

Have you installed the program in its own directory on the root of c:drive?

I know there was a problem with Vista, if you installed it in C:\program files

• All members
I will try installing it in its own cdirectory and see what happens, hopefully that will solve a few problems.

• All members
It's in its own directory now but it's still giving me these errors. Maybe a mod can move this to the right forum post?

• Nerd
  • Élite
  • I think I could be on to something here!
best to take a screenshot and email it to support.
Fortune favors the brave!

• All members
I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but the expression you posted has some gaps in it: (lay_price - 1). Could that be the problem?

I just got a modified version working. My first trigger sets the default lay amount to £2 at the start of every game. The next trigger sets the lay amount to

(IF(test_mode=1,test_funds,real_funds)*0.1)/((h_1_lay_price)-1)

if the channel trend is greater than -0.6

This needs to be done at the start of the round you're betting in. I've assumed you're laying the favourite but you could change the expression to h_2_lay_price for the 2nd favourite, s_4_lay_price for hand 4, etc.

Hope this helps.

• All members
Alternatively, you could dispense with the default lay function altogether and set the lay amount to this:

IF(channel_trend<-0.6,2,(test_funds*0.1)/(lay_price-1))

I can't get it to work with a second 'IF' in the formula, so you might need to have one trigger for when the test mode is on and another for when it's off.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE