Author Topic: Limit Liability of Any Bet  (Read 4212 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Limit Liability of Any Bet
« on: 02 Jan 2016, 15:10 »
I am attempting to set a limit on how high the liability of a loss recovery system can go. I have set the 'Limit the liability of any bet to ?', but what I find is that once the liab of a bet gets to this point, it just stops the trigger working and the betting stops. Ideally I would rather have it just not increase the liab any more and allow this to be a limiting feature rather than a dead stop feature. It already has a 'stop at a loss level' feature.

Is there a way to limit the liability used (but allow the strategy to continue at that liab level) in the trigger settings please?

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
Re: Limit Liability of Any Bet
« Reply #1 on: 02 Jan 2016, 15:22 »
It could be done with trigger expression but implementation depends to the way you set the bet amount.
If it's a simple bet with simple loss recovery done as default_backa + last_lost in bet amount field, then you can limit its liability:
MINV(1000,  default_backa + last_lost)
for 1000 GBP liability.
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jan 2016, 21:54 »
Thanks.

My price is:

mytotal_pl + last_pl

and I want to limit the loss (lay bet price which is the first bet) recovery liability to say £10. I want it to keep betting but not keep rising.

So would it be

MINV(10, mytotal_pl + last_pl)

Thanks for your time.

• Tim Vetrov
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 04 Jan 2016, 11:07 »
It's not correct for lay bets if you need to limit the liability.
For lay it's different:
IF((mytotal_pl + last_pl)*(lay_price - 1) > 10, 10/(lay_price - 1), mytotal_pl + last_pl)
Proud to be 🇺🇦
I'm happy to help Monday - Friday, 08:00-18:00 GMT
Буду рад помочь с понедельника по пятницу, 08:00-18:00 GMT

• All members
« Reply #4 on: 04 Jan 2016, 16:19 »
Great thank you. I see the logic in that, I just need to make sure I put it in the right place now.

Thank you for your time.

have an enjoyable week.

Mark

• All members
« Reply #5 on: 04 Jan 2016, 16:31 »
This may be a step to far, but is there a way to tell it to use 0 stake if there are losses, and only use the loss as stake, otherwise it still tries to win the set stake when trying to recoup losses.

Thanks again for your time in advance.

Mark

• All members
« Reply #6 on: 04 Jan 2016, 16:45 »
Which field do I add this code into, to restrict lay price loss recovery amount from going over £10 please?
IF((mytotal_pl + last_pl)*(lay_price - 1) > 10, 10/(lay_price - 1), mytotal_pl + last_pl)

Current Set-up image attached.

« Reply #7 on: 04 Jan 2016, 17:57 »
Hi,

This trigger format is not used on MfPro.
There might be more responses to your query,  if you post the query on the correct fourm .......ie...... Xfeeder forum, under triggered betting.

« Reply #8 on: 04 Jan 2016, 20:36 »
Which field do I add this code into, to restrict lay price loss recovery amount from going over £10 please?

Current Set-up image attached.

Hi
Again, not familiar with X-Feeder, but the formula looks like it's calculating a staking amount for a lay bet. It also looks like your initial bet is a lay bet. Is there a trigger in the trigger file called "laying" or something similar? Your screenshot does not show it.
Copy and paste the formula into the Amount field of the Laying trigger, save and run it in test mode and see how it goes.

You can also paste the formula into the View Variables Window to see a live updating value and decide if it's correct.

edit:
OR alternative to the above:
the second action in your screenshot, value field, replace mytotal_pl + last_pl with the formula.

I can't test this for you, sorry.
Please read the following disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE