Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by dawsonsg on 21 Jun 2020
  • Hi Guys,

Can I please confirm exactly what the following means in relation to form sequence?    [^123][?/-x][^123][?/-x][^123][?/-x]

I understand it to mean that in the last three starts the horse cannot have finished first, second or third and it doesn't matter if the horse is coming back from a spell or if the last three runs are over multiple years or multiple seasons.

What I am not sure about is what happens if the horse has had no starts, one start or two starts? What happens then.

Thanks 
    Steve
  • #2 by dawsonsg on 21 Jun 2020
  • Having said that, I have just seen a selection get picked for a trigger that finished third last start but I didnt think that should have happened.

I thought that the rightmost bracket corresponds to the rightmost form item (last start)

So a horse with a form of 556x3 should not have been selected but it was a trigger I was playing with.

Can someone let me know please.
  • #3 by dawsonsg on 22 Jun 2020
  • Im testing [^123][?/-x][^123][?/-x][^123][?/-x]$
  • #4 by Oxa (WellDoneSoft) on 16 Jul 2020
  • Hi!

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier.

Im testing [^123][?/-x][^123][?/-x][^123][?/-x]$
    This sequence means:

1. Any character that is NOT 1, 2 o 3.
    2. Possibly a /, - or x, but could be missing.
    3. Any character that is NOT 1, 2 o 3.
    4. Possibly a /, - or x, but could be missing.
    5. Any character that is NOT 1, 2 o 3.
    6. Possibly a /, - or x, but could be missing.
    7. End of string.

Therefore, the last characters of the form sequence could look like this:

5-68P/

or

4x9-0

So a horse with a form of 556x3 should not have been selected but it was a trigger I was playing with.

It shouldn't have, no. If the trigger acted in that market despite this condition, can you tell me which market it was, so that I could test it in Time Machine? The preliminary tests did not reveal anything incorrect in the behaviour of this trigger condition.
Pages:
Actions