Author Topic: Triggers in Action — a new high-scale, transparent strategy-testing project  (Read 3350 times)

Tags:
  • All members
Hi again,

The time difference makes it difficult to have an immediate conversation.

I downloaded your trigger "as is" on 26 March. The only change I have made was to disable the "distribute loss" at 80 mins.

Trigger "back 1" does not show a minimum price for the first bet; in fact, the condition reads: "and selections back price is between 1.01 and max_05_price". In the constants, max_05_price is shown as 1.12.

If there has been a revised trigger since 26 March, then I have not upgraded, so my records are based on no minimum price on the first bet.

I ran the trigger last night (my time), and it showed a loss of $83.47. I stopped it just prior to 24 hours as I have a few other tasks to do this morning (my time - Australia).

75 games for 67 wins (89.3%).

Average price on winning games was $1.075.

Please don't misunderstand my comments. I am really keen to see these tests being made by you, as your triggers are an eye-opener for rank amateurs like me. I am 70yo, and I have been constructing my own basic triggers for over 12 years, but I am not very literate on programming.

I encourage you to keep doing these examples, so we can all see different theories, different triggers, and your testing. I am certainly enjoying them.

My comments were simply to suggest that the 05 trigger as described will probably not be successful long term, but with some adjusting, it may be OK. I personally like the theory behind it.

By contrast, I also ran your greyhound trigger last night, and it was totally successful, reaching the maximum profit of 15% of bank quite early in the day, but it had a couple of scary moments through the loss recovery process.

Happy to discuss further,

bobh

• Administrator
That's interesting: thanks for sharing your experience with those triggers.

Can you also try them with the loss distribution trigger? How many games did you lose that day?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Usuários brasileiros, bem vindos ao nosso WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к нашей официальной группе ВКонтакте!

• Administrator
Laying on the favourite horse based on the form of the first 3 favs
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 07 April, 2019, 14:52 »
This idea came to me after I had been trying to figure out what was common among the favourites which were losing in horse races. I just compared all the main qualities such as price, age, weight and then I looked at their form (the silks form, the list of the places they took in the previous races). This strategy is the result of my experiments with the form.

Laying on the favourite horse based on the form of the first 3 favs

The triggers will work in horse races where the Silks data are available (such as the jockey’s name, age/weight and form of each horse).

You need to pick a race where the forms of the first three favourites satisfy the following criteria:

- The form is not empty;
- The last three symbols of the favourite’s form do not include 1, 2 or 3;
- The last three symbols of the second favourite’s and third favourite’s forms do not include 1.

You then lay the first favourite, with a loss recovery in 3 steps.

Tested for 7 days, from 15/03/2019 to 21/03/2019.

Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Usuários brasileiros, bem vindos ao nosso WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к нашей официальной группе ВКонтакте!

• All members
Hi Oxa, 

Testing the layform trigger, does it not stop betting after it’s made 10% profit? I found it keeps going example starting bank 1049 , bank is now 1079 but it’s still betting why is this?

• Élite
hi
trigger constant

Maximum profit (% of bank) after which the triggers stop betting
so 1049 + 10%(104.90) = 1153.90 
the trigger will bet until the bank is about 1153.90

mcbee 
Please read the following  disclaimer with regards to the information you may request and obtain on our forum. This specifically concerns trigger files and various instructions as to how to implement a strategy.