Author Topic: MarketFeeder Pro 8.0 - BETA testing  (Read 184261 times)

Tags:
  • Administrator
Re: MarketFeeder Pro 8.0 - BETA testing
« Reply #120 on: 03 Nov 2014, 14:47 »
armarni, thanks for the screenshots you attached!

Your triggers most probably have nothing to do with the fact that bets in some markets are not being settled, so halving them is a blind alley IMO. I will need to look at this closely.

As for the memory usage, I'm surprised that MF Pro 7.0 is taking up only 14 MB - I wonder how it is possible as mine (ver 7) never takes up less than 30-40 Mb. Is that with all races loaded?
Always try your triggers in Test Mode before switching to real money!

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Присоединяйтесь к официальному Telegram-каналу!

• All members
« Reply #121 on: 03 Nov 2014, 16:21 »

As for the memory usage, I'm surprised that MF Pro 7.0 is taking up only 14 MB - I wonder how it is possible as mine (ver 7) never takes up less than 30-40 Mb. Is that with all races loaded?

All races loaded, but only one win and place market active at the time that the snapshot was taken.  Now later in the afternoon vers 8 memory usage has grown to 80mb, but vers 7 to only 25mb.  Don't know if its got a memory leak or it might be the fact that all the bets from the unsettled markets are still listed in the current bets section.

• Nerd
  • Élite
  • I think I could be on to something here!
« Reply #122 on: 03 Nov 2014, 21:35 »
Hi Oxa

can we get the option to limit the transaction per hour to less than 1000 or whatever. I believe these charges still exist and with the 10th around the corner this will be critical when running live.

Can I also know the plans for non-interactive login as discussed by Mcbee ... like many I am using auto login in certain scenarios and this will complicate my life a lot.
Fortune favors the brave!

• All members
« Reply #123 on: 03 Nov 2014, 22:22 »
hi Oxa could you tell me if the auto dutching software is identical to version 7 as if I untick stop after each dutch when it reaches the right criteria it fires in 2 or 3 lots of the same bet, so I am left with lots of identical prices and stakes unmatched because they didn't exist in the first place. It seems to be firing the bets in way to quick. This hasn't happened to me in any of the previous versions.
thanks Colin

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: 04 Nov 2014, 06:43 »
can we get the option to limit the transaction per hour to less than 1000 or whatever. I believe these charges still exist and with the 10th around the corner this will be critical when running live.
This limit is still observed by MarketFeeder Pro.

Can I also know the plans for non-interactive login as discussed by Mcbee ... like many I am using auto login in certain scenarios and this will complicate my life a lot.
I don't have any specific plans for the non-interactive login at the moment, perhaps later after v8 goes official.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: 04 Nov 2014, 06:44 »
hi Oxa could you tell me if the auto dutching software is identical to version 7 as if I untick stop after each dutch when it reaches the right criteria it fires in 2 or 3 lots of the same bet, so I am left with lots of identical prices and stakes unmatched because they didn't exist in the first place. It seems to be firing the bets in way to quick. This hasn't happened to me in any of the previous versions.
thanks Colin
Please attach a screenshot demonstrating such bets. The code for Dutching and Green-up has not been changed in ver 8.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• Administrator
« Reply #126 on: 04 Nov 2014, 06:45 »
I will be working off the forum today, so will comment / answer everybody's questions tomorrow.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

• All members
« Reply #127 on: 04 Nov 2014, 13:24 »
UPDATE: This doesn't seem to always record the correct result...see my next post.

A bit more information regarding some markets not settling in test mode on vers8.  If I press the reset button on a market which has not settled when the result is known, then it does provide the correct result.

see the before and after pictures attached

• All members
« Reply #128 on: 04 Nov 2014, 15:39 »
Is it normal for the threads to be so high , I have checked today and am only monitoring 3 markets and have 30 threads running, in version 6 I am monitoring 12 markets and only have 9 threads running, Colin

• All members
Hi,

I have a trigger which should place a bet on the top weight horse or horses in a handicap providing there are no more than 3 matching selections.  A laptop running V7.2 placed 2 bets because there were 2 selections at the same top weight, but the V8 program only placed one bet which happened to be the first selection/fav (if that's relevant).  So something's not right with the maximum (of all) condition in that it wouldn't appear to accept there might be more than one selection, which the V7.2 version does.

And the second selection of course is the one that won  ::)  Not a problem currently because I'm in test mode.

regards

Wez

• All members
« Reply #130 on: 04 Nov 2014, 21:06 »
Hello.

Oxa please check your pm's

• All members
« Reply #131 on: 05 Nov 2014, 14:24 »
Update to my last post from yesterday...today I tried the same trick of pressing reset to settle a market that won't settle in test mode, and unfortunately it came up with a different result to the official race result that was recorded correctly in vers 7.  (I know that the order the horses are displayed is different between the 2 versions of the software, but one of the actual horses highlighted as a winner is incorrect in vers 8 )

• All members
« Reply #132 on: 05 Nov 2014, 18:17 »
Been testing it all week to see how many markets I feel comfortable with it monitoring at a time, I have had to do this in real time mode as everything gets matched in test mode, my findings: I can only monitor 3 with refresh rate of 3 seconds, with a simple dutch trigger, anymore and bets are unmatched, with version 7 I could monitor 5 with refresh rate 1 and version 6, 20 markets with refresh rate 1.It is definetly to do with the size of the file, on the cpu version 8 runs at 48000 twice as big as 7 and 4 times as big as 6, is there so much extra in 8 that makes it so big, I will have to open 6 profiles every day to monitor the markets I need. I also have to turn it off at 2 as after 2 it becomes to unreliable

« Reply #133 on: 05 Nov 2014, 21:17 »
Hi,

I have been testing V7 against V8, same trigger 137k. I have noticed three anomalies.

1. There is a HUGE difference between the conditions Once Per Selection and Once Per Market in both versions, but even more so on V8. With a refresh rate of 0.5seconds, the action file 'setting a user variable' on each of 6 selections in a race using Once Per Selection is 417Kb. It continues to refresh all the way to the off, see file 1 attached. The option of Once Per Market All Matching Selections was much lighter at 35Kb. See attached files 1 and 2

2. The exact same trigger and settings on V7 and V8 produce files on V8 that are some 30% larger than V7.

3. With settings of 2 second refresh, V8 does not slow down. It is fast, it bombs away at 0.25secs market refresh according to its own connection monitor.

That's why V8 crashed and reset my clock 4 times. I am sure it will be fixed as it is great, just early days yet.

Larp

PS Spoke too soon. Crashed again with only 4 dog races left. Attached file 3 showing error as a Radar-Pre Leak- WOW64. Sounds exotic

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: 06 Nov 2014, 12:03 »
Is it normal for the threads to be so high , I have checked today and am only monitoring 3 markets and have 30 threads running, in version 6 I am monitoring 12 markets and only have 9 threads running, Colin

Threads could be very high for a while after you've logged in to the program, then their number will be gradually reduced. The program needs threads for all sorts of "slow" operations, e.g. connecting to the Internet, so it's not a problem in itself. Do not worry about this figure.

Follow us on Twitter.

Join our WhatsApp chat!

Please note, BetFair is seems to be currently OFFLINE